XXVIII

Chapter 28.

Izana's Pov

Shit.

I'm overcome with stress as we drive towards Y/N's house. Guilt of leaving her and my child behind for so long then suddenly coming back is eating me alive, I'm slightly contemplating other courses of action I can take to reunite back with Y/N.

Mikey is no longer with me. I thought he'd come to Japan with me, but he claimed to have some other important business in the Philippines he had to carry out. At first I didn't think much of it until he broke off full contact with me.

Guess this is the end of our partnership, I'll have to make money without him now. Mikey has an odd tendency of disappearing but a part of me hopes he comes back. Ive accepted the fact he is my brother- even if it isn't by blood.

To be fair though, him leaving also gave me a chance to have some alone time with Y/N. If she even decides to forgive me.

This time I wont let her slip out of my hands, i'll have her with me. I think this way most of the time but I will make sure it is diffident now.

Getting out of the car, I watch it drive off into the distance.

I bought no luggage with me, whats the point? I'm rich now, I can buy most things back.

My finger dips into the top of my tie as I losen it. I'm definitely over-dressed for this occasion.

I ascend up the metallic stairs and to the apartment. making my way to what I believe is the Matsuno household.

I take in a large breath, extending my arm, and knocking on the door politely.

Y/N Pov

Chifuyu had made another excuse to not have to open the front door. He always manages to slip away from basic chores, letting himself sink into the world of another rom-com novel or manga he may be reading.

I'm already prepared for him to ramble about it later, and by the end of it he will manage to persuade me into reading it.

I sigh as my feet tap away at the cold floor towards the front door and twisting the lock open swiftly.

Carelessly, I open the door hoping to get this interaction done with.

My breath hitched when I saw him.

Narrowing my eyes at his, I slam the door shut in one strong move. Why is he here?

My attempt to close the door on him failed as he shoved his foot in between me and the door.

"Let me inside, Y/N." The seriousness within' Izana's voice made me flinch. Deep down somewhere, I guess I'm still scared of him.

He walks inside the apartment, gently closing the door behind himself then slowly approaching me.

He pushes me against the wall and presses his forehead against mine, his large and hypnotic lilac eyes staring deep into mine as he whispers petty little 'sorries'.

His hands trace my jaw until he grips it from underneath and pulls me forward into a deeply passionate kiss. Startling me at first, I begin to ease into it. It's certainly weird- I haven't seen him for two years- but I cannot help it.

"Y/N?" I hear my name being called down the hallway. Impulsively, I push Izana off me and watch as Chifuyu pops out around the corner. His mouth forms an 'o' shape as he glares at us both by the front door.

Aneria follows behind him, also staring at us in confusion.

Izana clears his throat as he approaches his daughter, trying to make the situation less awkward "You've grown a lot haven't you?" he bends down smiling at her.

She furrows her eyebrows, running past him and holding onto my leg, looking up at me startled.

I rest my hand on her head carefully not to mess-up her hair, which Chifuyu had styled for her.

"Thats your dad..." I look back up at Izana who had a gleam of disappointment lingering in his eyes. I scoff, continuing "Honestly, you weren't around for two years, what'd you expect?"

"I've got some explaining to do with you Y/N. Alone."

I sit down in the chair, across from Izana. Chifuyu and Aneria were gone elsewhere so that we could speak.

I rest my cheek on my elbow, waiting for the platinum blonde man to speak.

"I'm sorry I left. I thought you'd be better off without me and my criminal drama."  He begins, watching my bored face. "...but I realised I can't stay away from you, Y/N."

I try to speak up against this, but he hushes me.
"I'm not finished yet. I'm honest, Y/N. I've been intimate with other women, I only thought about you. When I woke up every single day, I thought about you. I tried so hard to detach myself from you and I can't."

I push the chair away from the table, standing up and walking away from the whole scene.

"I know you love me too Y/N, and I know I hurt you. But we both know you want me back too. Let's be together again, A family. Let's even get married!" He raises his voice, shaking. He was on the verge of tears.

I look over my shoulder, He isn't wrong. I want to give into him. But I don't know if I want to sacrifice everything I have for him again.

Begging me, he also stood up, running and embracing me into his arms.

"You put me through a lot of mental trauma, Izana, you know that right?" The question seemed to have stunned him.

"I'll change..." he mutters out.

"You said that last time." I remind him.

Becoming more desperate, he clings harder onto my body. "I will prove it to you Y/N. I promise, just watch me!"

I could feel his tears soaking up the shoulder of my shirt.

"Okay..." I whisper out, returning his gesture. "I will."

No one's Pov

Both standing there, in each others arms, the tragic lovers weep together. Cherishing their reunion and a newer, stronger bond. Forming a promise not to be broken.

Thats what Y/N can see.

But what she can't see, is the menacing smile her manipulative partner has painted on his face behind her back.

Isn't she just so naïve? Or is he just too cunning?