XIX

Chapter 19.

Y/N's Pov.
As Ran and Rindou said, Izana should be out of confinement now that it's been two days since he was locked away.

I'm currently sitting in the back of the Haitani's car with Rindou by my side, Ran's driving. They offered to drive me to see Izana with them so I could inform him of the baby. Kakucho was unable to attend- he has school and his punctuality matters. It didn't seem like he wanted to hang around the brothers either. They've been oddly obsessed over the unborn infant, so much so that Ran insisted Rindou sits right next to me in the back with me for emergencies.

"Y/N stop putting your hands in your lap, you'll squish the baby!" Ran's purple eyes glare at me in the rear view mirror as he yells.

Me and Rindou exchange confused looks.

"Thats not how ur works." His brother reluctantly replied, wondering if Ran was genuinely being serious.

"No, Bro, trust me it is. I know. I'm always surrounded by girls."
"No it fucking isn't! Take a biology class. And stop lying, you always scare them off, they regret even trying to hit you up."

the brothers bicker back and forth. I wasn't keen on interrupting, so my mind wondered outside to the passing, blurred, trees.

After this, I have a job interview at a convenient store close by to where Kaku and I live- even though the home is quite isolated. The store is in close walking distance.

I sat down at the old, rusted table. Rin and Ran on each side waiting for Izana. He likes to take his sweet time, but I'm not complaining. It gives me some time to verbalise the speech mentally.

In his full glory, he strides into the room flashing me a smile.

It's times like these where I forget who he really is and why he's locked up in here.

But I love him.

He hugs me over the table and sits down in front of me, ghosting the fact Ran and Rindou were here too. They seemed slightly agitated, but it quickly washed away as the three begin to gossip.

I was going to tell him the 'news' before it was time to go. We conversed over about how he beat up some guy for threatening him- claiming he put an end to some egoistic idiot.

"I actually recently just got out of the dump, I have no idea whats going on right now in here." Izana verbalises.

Knowing him, he'll probably fuck up another person any time soon. A part of me believe its attractive, he's confident in himself. The other part reminds me of how terrifying he can be and even a miracle wont stop the pain he'd inflict on anyone else.

I find myself staring deep into his lilac eyes.

"5 More minutes left, Visitors and Inmates!" A nearby officer shouted out. I could feel a sweat drop trickle down my forehead, heart pumping.

Actually saying words isn't that difficult, but it's deeply stuck in my throat. Izana seems to notice it, he's observant.

"You okay, Y/N?" He asks, concern flowing through his face.

I can feel Ran patting my back while Rindou flashes me a thumbs up.

I took a deep breath, I don't have much to lose. I suck it up.