Chapter 6

Prince Ling had ordered for Fengjiu to have new dresses that were fit for a Princess. He didn't go too far, as to not offend his father. When he gave them to her, she looked at his suspiciously. He explained, "You have to look amazing for the competition."

She nodded and smiled, but secretly she knew he had done this because he had deep feelings for her.

The day of the competition had arrived and Fengjiu had made sure to get as much sleep as she could. She quickly got dressed. The first competition would be sewing and she was not looking forward to it. She was led into a room with 9 other women who she noticed were all beautiful.

They were all introduced. She noticed they were all Princesses and in this mortal world, she was just Fengjiu in the mortal realm. Once she heard her name without a title, an arrogant Princess asked, "Who are you?"

Fengjiu smiled and said, "I'm just Fengjiu. I am Prince Ling's personal maid."

The girls all laughed, and the arrogant one replied, "Just a maid? In this competition. How it has gone down hill. This competition is only for the elite."

She just walked away, because she didn't want to be bothered with pettiness. Once the judges were all there. She saw Seventh Prince and she noticed Prince Ling was a judge too and smiled at him. He gave her a wink, which caused her to blush.

The arrogant Princess glared at Fengjiu.

A few minutes later, the competition started and she quickly sewed something that wasn't too hard to accomplish. It was simple but she had picked vibrant colors. A couple hours later, she was surprised at how well she was doing. She made sure to do her work under the table so that no one could see.

Prince Ling watched Fengjiu work, and couldn't see what she was making due to it being under the table, but he loved the look on her face when she was concentrating. It was more serious than when she was cultivating and he noted the differences.

Seventh Prince elbowed him. "So you got her in the competition?"

"Yes, She is the one I want to be my wife," Prince Ling answered seriously.

"Are you....are you sure? The other women here are also beautiful. Though I have to admit Fengjiu as them beat in the looks department," Seventh Prince said. Prince Ling glared at him for appreciating his future wife's beauty. Seventh Prince put his hands up. "Sorry. I was just being honest."

Prince Ling decided to drop it. "Yes I am very sure. I have never been more sure about anything in my entire life. She was meant to be mine. I will take no other wives or concubines. I just want her."

Seventh Prince was in shock and couldn't believe he heard this coming from Prince Ling. His brother who had always been level headed and stayed away from women, as if they had the plague. He guessed his brother really was in love. He would support him. 'Fengjiu was a nice girl after all.'

A couple hours later, the first trial was coming to a close. Fengjiu was finished and admired her work. A few moments later the judges said it was time to stop. All the ladies put their work on their table.

Prince Ling instructed, "Everyone, one at a time bring up your work and we will keep it and deliberate who won." One by one the women brought up their work and by far the best one was from the arrogant princess, which made Fengjiu roll her eyes.