Chapter 14

(A/N This is going to time skip a year into their marriage...which you know means the trial is coming to an end! I know some people won't like the time skip. The reason I am skipping is because it doesn't add or move forward the story.)

Fengjiu had not thought that she could possibly fall more in love with the Emperor, her Dijun, but here she is a year later into their marriage and loving him even more than she did before. She considered herself to be one of the happiest women alive.

Today Emperor Ling was at a meeting. There had been a lot of changes in another kingdom, because a couple of months ago the Emperor and her were almost assassinated by bandits. She later learned from Si Ming that it had been orchestrated by Heavenly Emperor. In the mortal realm it was set up to look like the other Kingdom had sent out assassins to kill them. She had been unharmed, but the Emperor had a cut on the forearm. He had needed stitches.

Fengjiu had panicked but knew she didn't have the power to heal him. Her magic was still drained from the last time she healed him. She needed to cultivate more.

She remembered the anger he had that day, and how his eyes looked like he could burn that entire Kingdom down. Luckily, she had talked him down from killing innocent people of the other Kingdom. Though he did imprison the assassins. He had said that he wasn't letting them go till someone told the truth.

Fengjiu was finishing up making dinner for both of them, when she heard a noise behind her. Then she saw Si Ming appear.

She smiled. "It's been months since I last saw you. Though for you it was just a few hours."

"I have been checking to make sure everything is going to plan. Things are heating up with Qing Cang. He isn't strong enough to break out of his barrier but it is getting close. We need Dijun very soon." He had a troubled look on his face. "Dijun needs to stay here the full 60 human years. He needs 35 more years to live here in the mortal realm. The longer he is suffering in here the better for his cultivation. We can't have any more issues." Si Ming explained with a serious expression.

"So...the full year is up, already?" Fengjiu asked, and her heart skipped a beat. She had been dreading this day.

"Yes, I am here to tell you that you will be leaving after tomorrow. I can finally tell you how you will get out of here, but you won't like it," Si Ming admitted with a nervous tone.

"What is going to happen Si Ming?" Fengjiu question, and feeling the anxiety creep up on her.

"Remember how I said not to expose the ex Chief advisor?" Si Ming replied. She nodded and then he continued. "I said that he wouldn't bother you for a year...now he will come for you Fengjiu."

"Me?" Fengjiu asked in shock. 'The old advisor really had it out for me,' she thought to herself.

"I told you I had observed him and he is making plans to turn Prince Ling against you. He will succeed in this Fengjiu. Which is how you are getting out of here," Si Ming told her.

 Fengjiu looked at Si Ming and felt even more nervous. 'How would the Chief Advisor turn her beloved against her?'

Si Ming finally told her with sadness in his voice, "The ex Chief advisor is going to make it look like you killed Emperor Ling's father."

Fengjiu slowly backed away in horror and fell on the bed. Her breathing accelerated and she felt so heartbroken.

"You know Emperor Ling has been trying to find his Father's murderer. Even now a year later. Ex Chief Advisor is going to plant evidence of you killing his father...but he will tie in what happened months ago as you trying to kill Emperor Ling as well." Si Ming explained. "I'm sorry, Your Young Highness."