Chapter 22 - His Birthday and Paris

Quick update? Love me more? Hahaha enjoy! xD

********

Aayesha's POV

1 and a half year later..

I stirred the chicken curry in the big pot as inhaled the aroma deeply and a big smile appeared on my lips upon inhaling the smell. It was smelling too good and I sighed proudly.

I took a spoon and scoop a small amount of curry to taste it. I brought it forward to my mouth and tasted it while shutting my eyes.

"Uhm...something is lacking." I said as I narrowed my eyes, discovering what might possibly be missing.

"Oh damn! Salt!!" I screamed, smacking my head before I walked to the loft and took a salt container with me. In these two years, I've been improving on my cooking skills.

I poured three spoons of salt into the pot and stirred it again when I heard a 'beep' sound from the cooker. I quickly put the spoon down and ran to the cooker. I turned the switch off and peeked into the cooker.

"The biryani is done!" I chirped happily as I opened the cooker cab and tasted a spoon of it.

"Ahh thank god it turns out well!" I breathe a sigh of relief and walked to the stove again.

"Something smells good." I heard a voice and quickly turned around to find Madeeha stepping in my kitchen. I smiled at her before I turned my head straight again.

"When did you come?" I asked as I took a spoon and tasted the curry again. I sighed in relief when the curry tasted perfect too.

"Just now. By the way what are you cooking?" She asked, getting interested as she kept inhaling the aroma. I chuckled and before I could answer her, her loud annoying voice blasted my eardrums.

"Ya Allah Aayesha!!! So many dishes??!" She gasped as her mouth was in O shape now looking at few other dishes that I made along with Briyani and Chicken Curry and I chuckled looking at her cute expression.

"Close your mouth before I shove something in it." I joked and she quickly shut her mouth.

"Aayesha...this is a lot. I mean...why are you cooking this much? And this big as heck pot..." She cut herself as she observed the pot, dumfounded.

"What date is today?" I asked her, ignoring her confusion. She furrowed, thinking of something before she parted her lips.

"5 August." She replied casually, still furrowing and I smiled.

"And...do you remember what's special in 5 August?" I asked again, turning off the stove. She furrowed for a moment before her eyes were widened.

"His birthday!!" She said, rolling her eyes and I smiled while nodding my head.

"Yup! His birthday! And you know what exactly I will always do on his birthday." I said as I walked to the dining table and open the polystyrene foam lunch boxes and started filling it with biryani.

"Yeah! You'll cook yourself and serve food at the orphanage." She replied and I could sense a hint of dissatisfied in her tone but I decided to ignore. She'll start her lecture on me then.

She then stepped towards me when I ignored her and took a seat next to me. I glanced at her, raising my eyebrows when she rolled her eyes.

"Come on Aayesha! It's a good thing to do that. But don't do it on his name. I mean...he doesn't deserve it." She spoke as she looked at me in anger, anger for him.

"Madeeha...we've discussed about this." I replied, getting annoyed slightly and heard she snuffled.

"Yeah we have! But you never changed! What do I do with you?!" She scoffed in frustration and I halted myself as I laid my gaze upon her before a smile crept onto my lips.