Chapter 34 - Recovering

Please don't hate Aayesha. Try to put yourself in her shoes. :(

*******

Aayesha's POV

"Come on get up Aayesha!" She scoffed rolling her eyes and I sighed heavily looking at her.

"Let's take five!" I pouted, feeling tired and she snorted while lying her bump on the sofa.

"You should try Aayesha! Know what the doctor said right?" She responded looking at me and I wiped my sweats away.

"Haan jaanti hoon." I rolled my eyes in annoyance and she chuckled looking at me before she stood straight again and approached me.

"Now get up and try to walk. Force yourself!" She said as she touched my shoulders.

"Yaar at least give me a glass of water first!" I scoffed and she widened her eyes before she slapped her forehead.

"Whopps! Wait a minute!" She hurriedly said as she stepped towards the coffee table and took a glass of water for me.

"Here." She spoke as she approached me again and handed me the glass.

I took it and drank it in one go before I removed the glass from my lips. I gave her the glass back and she took it before she put it on the table.

"Now get up!" She said as she urged me to get off my wheel chair.

She held my arms and made me stand straight but seriously I felt my legs were too weak. I need support to move my legs.

"It's hurting!" I winced as I held her arms and she held me tightly, supporting me.

"Just try Aayesha. You just need exercise. The more exercises you do, more quick recovery you'll get. You had your spinal cord injured and you were in coma for three months. In those time, you had no exercise at all." She sighed in worry and I smiled as I looked up at her.

"Madeeha. Don't worry baby. It's just temporary pain. I'll be okay." I said when she was more worried for me than me, myself.

To be honest, I could feel myself recovering after the physiotherapy session last week at the hospital. Since they have discharged me, I just need few more exercises myself to recover fully.

"Alhamdulillah you just had incomplete spinal cord injuries. Just imagine if you had complete spinal cord injuries!" She exclaimed with widen eyes and I could see there was pain in her eyes for me.

"Madeeha I'm okay! Stop worrying okay!" I said and she sighed heavily.

"Now I'll leave you and you'll try on your own okay. Be independent!" She chuckled as she left me and I lost my balance for a while as my hands were hanging on the air.

I froze for a moment as my eyes roamed on the floor and I felt knots in my throat when something knocked me. For a mere second, I froze in my place as I felt something in me. This reminded me of something.

My ice skating moments, our ice skating moments.

I gulped down the lump in my throat when his face came flashing my mind.

It has been ten days since I saw him. The last time was the first day I woke up from coma. Seriously I had no idea why I was reacting that way towards him. All I know, I just don't want him to be with me or near me. I have made myself clear on that night before I got into the accident.

"Aayesha..." Madeeha's voice shook me out of my chain of thoughts and I startled at once.

"Hmm?" I responded as I laid my gaze upon her and she raised her eyebrows looking at me.