03

Am I.. really.. dying?

You almost wanted to laugh at your pathetic state, how vulnerable you look while the demon will devour you. It wasn't like you're naive, you also had poison in you. Just like how your loving friend Shinobu, a poison that was harmful to demons.

But not to humans.

The world was unfair to you over everything, how can the people around you cherish and love you but not him? How can Iguro ignore you after all of those attempts?

He should've relate to your situation, he could've been kind enough. Right?

Tears left your hopeless eyes as your mind wander deeper into thought, you were already blaming yourself for putting you in a situation where you cannot even escape death itself. There was no way you could survive this blow, if only someone would save you from this tragedy.

A small snicker left your weak body.

It was always you who needs saving, weak and fragile snow pillar. Iguro was right, you were nothing but a mere pillar who gained a title just because.

You were nothing but a design to the corp, a weak pillar.

Maybe you were smart, just not smart enough to think about being professional while defeating a demon and set your feelings aside for a while. Hurting wasn't a reason to make yourself weaker and vulnerable in battles, it was something you weren't trained to do.

Yet you did it so perfectly that Iguro will definitely think of you lower than before.

If, you live.

"My, my! How does that feel? A pillar accepting her own defeat, isn't that amusing?" the demon taunted.

Would.. Oyakata-sama... Be disappointed to me..?

All of the hardships that you did to be a pillar, all the blood sweat and tears that you shed just to prove your worth for that position. That you could be useful for the humanity, that you can save the ones who cannot defend themselves from these selfish disgusting creatures.

You were supposed to be a protector, not a wimp waiting for her death to come any second.

What was this all about though? Dying and losing, not being able to defend the people who needed you in times like these. The inability to perform the best.

It's better off dying that being alive tomorrow morning with people being disgusted about how you almost got defeated by a demon.

And maybe, maybe you could use all the energy left in you. Maybe you could still lay an attack towards the demon, maybe it'll be enough to attract help.

Just maybe.. I can still live..

"Breath.. of snow.. first form:"

"Snow storm!"

...

"I sense a demon around the area," Mitsuri said.

The three of them were on their way to look for you despite Obanai's arguments that you were old enough to take care of yourself and wasn't in need of help, but the love pillar still insisted on looking for you just in case. She wasn't heartless like him fortunately, just naive.