Sixteen

Sixteen

It was 7 pm, his father and Jungkook should have returned from work. But in fact only Jin and his mother had dinner together at that time. In the middle of dinner Jin asked about Jungkook to his mother.

"Mom"

"Hmm"

"Actually I'm curious, I'm sure you guys have other reasons for asking hyung to stay here other than because his parents are your friends" his mother stopped eating and looked at Jin who was sitting across from him.

"We have no other reason, just imagine, he came back from his place of work and lives alone while here I am, your father and you of course can accompany him"

"But it feels weird because everything is so sudden, I mean, you guys always forbid me from hanging out with anyone else except Jimin, but you instead tell me to sleep in the same room with a man who is much older than me, a stranger, which he can actually do whatever is behind you to me"

"Did he do it?"

"So far he hasn't done anything, but we never know how it will be"

"Jin, you know the reason why your father forbade you to hang out with many people out there, we almost lost you once, giving birth to a perfect child like you does have a bigger responsibility, but your father and I believe in Jungkook, he feels like family, doesn't he?"

"Yeah, maybe because of his age, but mom it happened a very long time ago, 13 years have passed and I'm an adult now, I can take care of myself, I can distinguish what is good and bad for my life"

"I know, but the evil out there never knows how mature you are Jin, maybe it's just your father and I's fear, we are too strict on you, but the fear that we feel is true, feels very real, what happened 13 years ago can never be us forget it, you're the only one we have Jin, and can you stop talking about age every time we talk about Jungkook? I know you guys are quite gap, but I think it's a bit rude if you keep saying things like that"

" I'm sorry mom"

"It's okay Jin, now it's my turn to ask you, do you have a boyfriend? Since I'm sure you won't survive alone this long, you can be honest with me, I won't say anything to your father"

"Hmm mom, about that--"

"We're at home" his father entered alone without Jungkook behind him. Of course it made Jin and his mother confused.

"Where's Jungkook?" His mother said.

"He's still outside, do you want to invite him in?" His father said to Jin and Jin just nodded then he came out and saw Jungkook was leaning on his car, Jin approached him.

"Is the night wind not cold for you hyung?" Jungkook turned to Jin and Jin was standing beside him.

"Cold, but I like it"

"You like cold?" Jungkook nodded.

"Is something bothering you?"

"Yeah, it's about my job"

"Hm, my mom said you're going back to America next month"

"Yes"

"Is there anything important there? I mean you are a company owner, I'm sure you have reliable people who can take control of your company"

"Yeah, but unfortunately I have to go back to take care of myself"

"How long were you there?" Jungkook turned to Jin.

"I don't know." Jin turned his face away from Jungkook.

"Today there are rumors at my campus, it's about Jennie, they say Jennie is pregnant and Taehyung is the father of the baby, I was very surprised when I heard that, I didn't think it would happen this fast, I'm sure it's only been a week after me and him broke up and these rumors has spread rapidly"

"How do you feel?" Jin turned to Jungkook and their eyes met.

"I..I don't feel anything" Jin turned his face away and Jungkook did the same.

"I'm sure you still have feelings for him, he is your first love, even though he has disappointed you, but your love and hate go hand in hand and I think it's good"

"Why?"

"We've all made mistakes, whoever is present in our lives must bring a reason. Maybe we can't have it, but we can learn from what they did to us. Disappointed is a natural thing, love without being disappointed I think it's impossible, but the most important thing is how we forgive and try to forget it. That's love, we can't change that feeling, if it's still love, just accept it, but we can choose not to show that love again"

"Hyung.."

"Hmm"

"Why are not you married, yet?"

"Because I'm waiting for someone"

"She must be very lucky to have a partner like you"

"You think so?" Jin just nodded.

"Where is she?"

"He, and he's here"

"What? Are you gay?"

"Yes"

"And what do you mean he's here? He's in Seoul?" Jungkook turned to Jin who had seen him first.

"Yeah." Jungkook smiled.