Eighteen

Eighteen

When he returned to the cafeteria Jimin realized that something was different about his best friend, his eyes were red as if he had been crying and his face looked very sad.

"Jin, are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine"

"Who called you?"

"Hyung"

"Then why is your face sad?"

"Ahh no, I'm fine, he just said he can't pick me up because he's going back to America this afternoon"

"What? But--"

"Yeah, he said there was something important there"

"And that makes you sad?" Jin looked at Jimin.

"Jimin, I don't know, I feel something wrong with me, I don't want him to go, but I don't know why, I--"

"Jin, have you ever thought that he's always been there for you, remember when you first found out Tae was having an affair? He's there with you and whenever you need someone you're always looking for him"

"What do you mean?"

"Did you like him?"

"Of course not, Jimin I already said our age gap is very far, 14 years and I don't think I can fall in love with someone who is much older than me like him"

"Why not?"

"I can't, after all he said there was someone he was waiting for"

"Who?"

"I don't know, but that person is here in Seoul"

"Wait, is he waiting for someone?" Jin nodded.

"Then why did he choose to stay at your house? If there is someone else he knows besides you"

"Looks like my parents forced him"

"No Jin, I mean, he's a company owner in America, meaning he has a lot of money, he can easily refuse your parents' requests, especially if you say that your house doesn't have an empty room for him and why did your parents let you sleep together? If he's really waiting for someone, why doesn't he stay with that person?"

"I..I don't know"

"Think about it Jin, I think your parents did that for another reason, what if the person he's waiting for is you?"

"What? No, that's impossible"

"But my feelings say otherwise"

Jin's phone vibrated, indicating an incoming message, it was from Jungkook.

FROM JUNGKOOK HYUNG:
Can you get to the airport after you finish with your studies?

TO JUNGKOOK HYUNG:
I don't know, but the distance from here to the airport is very far, you don't have to wait for me hyung

FROM JUNGKOOK HYUNG:
Hmm okay, I'll go now, your parents said they can't take me because they have other things to do

TO JUNGKOOK HYUNG:
I'm sorry hyung

"Hey what's wrong?" Jimin said.

"He asked me to come to the airport"

"Then?"

"What? We still have another class"

"Are you kidding me? You can skip class for Taehyung but you don't want to skip class for your Hyung?"

"But the distance from here to the airport is very far"

"Go, meet him before it's too late"

"Too late? What do you mean? He'll be back"

"What if he doesn't come back here? What if he chooses to stay there?"

"No, he said he would be back"

"Come on Jin, can you just use your common sense just this once, go and meet him, we never know what will happen next, just go"

Jin took his bag and went out of his class. Jin ran towards the gate of his campus, he didn't know what he was thinking at that time, right or wrong the decision he made, he didn't care. He stopped the taxi and went to the airport.

The road conditions at that time were very congested, he had to spend about an hour to get to the airport but due to traffic jams he would take longer.

He looked at his watch, it was 3.35 pm, he only had 25 minutes before Jungkook left him.

When he arrived at the airport, Jin immediately ran inside. He looked here and there hoping Jungkook was there. He looked at the plane's departure screen and saw that his plane to America was leaving in 15 minutes.

"Stupid I am" Jin mumbled while lowering his head, he was so tired from running, sweat dripped down his forehead and his breath became heavy too and when he decided to leave, he turned his body and lifted his head, he saw Jungkook in front of him.

"Hyung.." Jungkook just smiled from a distance and Jin immediately ran to him, hugging him without him realizing it.

"I'm sorry hyung"

"You came" Jin let go of his hug and looked at Jungkook.

"I guess I'm late"

"10 more minutes before my flight, you're almost late"

"But I don't"

"Have you been crying?" Jungkook rubbed Jin's cheek.

"No, but hyung.."

"Hmm"

"Can you stay here?"

"Jin--"

"Please"

"Why?"

"I don't know, but I just want you here"

"Are you sure it's just that?"

"Hyung.. may I know who the person you are waiting for?"

"Sure"

"Who's he?" Jungkook looked at him with a smile.

"Are you sure you want to know who he is?"

"Yeah"

"You" Jin's eyes opened wide when he heard Jungkook say that.

"Me?" Jungkook nodded.

"But I'm sorry, I have to keep going back to America" Jungkook rubbed Jin's cheek and went past him, but Jin held his hand.

"Wait..."

"Why me?" Jungkook turned around and looked at Jin.

"Because it's you" Their eyes locked together, Jimin's words immediately swirled in Jin's mind and.. Jin approached him and kissed Jungkook's lips, making Jungkook gasp in surprise.

"Come back soon, I'm waiting for you hyung" Jin broke the kiss and stood in front of Jungkook.

"Jin.."

"Just go.." Jungkook grabbed the back of Jin's neck and kissed him again, the kiss that only briefly gave a meaningful memory.

"I promise, I'll be right back" Jungkook rubbed Jin's cheek while looking at him and smiling and Jin just nodded.