❦︎ Small One, On Her Hip ❦︎

RAENI

RAENI

Lorelai and I had been sitting in this work silence for two hours because I told her that I wouldn't say another word until she told me what happened at the festival.

The festival was yesterday and I saw she came back with a purse dirty with paint. Obviously something happened. But she wouldn't tell me. 

I've been silent for two hours and as much as it was torture, I wasn't going to give in because she needs to talk first. I watched her type on her laptop, file some papers and do other things that didn't need to be done just so she wouldn't speak to me. I know Lorelai and I knew she would crack.

I just didn't know it would take four hours.

"We went, we ate food and I came back. What more do you want?" She sighed in resignation. I knew it.

"I want details." I paused and she frowned. "I want to know what he was wearing. Did he smell nice? What did he say? How did your purse get so dirty? Did you guys get dirty? What food did you eat? Did you get a kiss?"

I took deep breath after my rant and Lorelai sighed.

"Do I have to?" She asked with a tired stare.

"Every. Single. Bit." I leaned forward, ready for her.

"Clothes, I don't know. A lot. We went through an art run and they threw paint at us. No. Diner food and we did not kiss."

"What do you mean you did not kiss? It's standard procedure to atleast share one intimate moment. Did he not stare into your eyes and stroke your cheek?" I sighed in remembrance of the first kiss I had with Derek.

We had just finished a meal and he was sitting across from me, waiting for the bill to come around and he just stared into my eyes before reaching his hand out and stroking my cheek. He told me I was beautiful and leaned forward for a kiss. The best kiss of my entire life.

"No." She got up after giving me a crazy look. I could feel that she was withholding information and I wanted to know what it was.

"There's no way he didn't do anything. He's a man!" I exclaimed and racked through my mind for a possible scenario.

I tried to ignore the flashing red sign that said 'she scared him away' because he seemed adamant on going out with her. So he wasn't easily spooked.

"If I tell you, will you leave and do your work?" She turned around and leaned on the printer as it shuffled papers out.

I nodded my head eagerly and waited for her.