❦︎ Friends ❦︎

RAENI

RAENI

"You're lucky I was standing right behind the casket with the priest. Lory, he's alive."

I was scared. Scared for my life. The man I presumed dead, that we all thought had passed on, was alive. The bones in my body were shaking in anxiety, I hated war. I despised the fear that came with it even more. I hated everything that had to do with bloodbath. I wasn't willing to fight for my life against someone who's life we tried to take. Lory didn't seem to fazed by the fact that he was standing there, behind her.

We drove home in absolute silence, Lory having a moment to herself to decide what next. I honestly could not even comprehend anything that transpired in the last twenty-four hours leading up to that car ride. My life had just gone in a downward spiral that I couldn't imagine it to go worse. I had pains in my heart and I was ready to just give up. I would rather be dead than live in that pain again. That was how bad life had gotten. I was constantly looking over my shoulder.

Ever since we killed Luigi, I could not sleep at night knowing that. I pulled the pin off the bomb and threw it to the house in which he was still in. I could not remove the image of his decaying body sitting within the rubble and dirt of the remains of the house. He was just sitting there, waiting to be found. I claw my skin in the shower, I was a murderer.

I never liked bloodbath but I swimming in it. The blood spilled all on my side, I had to so I did.

I walked into the house, Lory having taken the car for a drive. I went up to my room and slumped onto the bed. I remember the day it happened.

Very clearly.

Lorelai!" He had an Italian accent, like Ares but his was thicker. This man that was talking to Lorelai had a joyous voice, but it sounded somewhat sinister. Brought a chill to my spine.

"Oh come on! Don't be so excited when I see you after two months of Ares hiding you from us." He doubles over in laughter and I take it as my chance to go back upstairs and get weapons.

"You were never the smiler, Ms Campbell." When he said that, it clicked. I froze in my light footsteps.

Luigi, Ares' best friend.

"I mean, you have nothing to smile about because killing your boyfriend doesn't happen everyday but I forget that you kill people for a living." He says, his voice becoming muffled sounds the higher up.

"Ares is dead?" Oh gosh, I hope not.

"His body was delivered to our apartment step with no context whatsoever." His sadness sounded so fake. But who was i to judge? Everyone grieves differently . "How did you do that?"