❦︎ Leave That Gun Alone, Rae ❦︎

RAENI

RAENI

How was it that the day I felt at peace was the most disastrous day of my life? After the day Lorelai was kidnapped but that's a story for another chapter.

I painted for the first time in a while. I painted of something that didn't have a double meaning. I didn't paint anything that was full of emotion and drawing energy.

I painted a window. A window I sat in front of everyday because everyone was so busy in Italy. Giana and Jessica were doing their own thing. I had met Luigi, which was an odd experience, before he too left so abruptly. Even my hosts, Dom and Stefano, left me alone in the beautiful mansion they just so happened to rent out.

My phone rang, taking me out of my day dream. I answered when I saw it was Lorelai. She was in Italy too. For different reasons than Stefano was.

"Are you still at the house?" She quickly asked. I hummed a yes and she exhaled.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm at the gate."

I jumped from the bar stool and ran to the front. I swung the door open and padded my foot across the driveway to get to the gate. The security guard standing out there looked at me and nodded his head. Out of respect.

It was like living in royalty.

I pressed in the code for the gate to unlock and Lorelai to drive in. She stopped halfway and let me in the car. As I got in and closed the door she drives further down into the driveway. We got out the same time and walked into the house. She spun around, looking at the house around her. I shared her admiration as her lips turned downward into a smile.

"So what brings you to our humble abode?" I sat down on the sofa, picking up the magazine I was reading and threw it on table.

She sat down next to me, placing her purse on the table. "We need to talk."

"About?"

I was hoping she wouldn't ask about Jade or any of her whereabouts. I knew as much as she did, maybe a little more but it wouldn't help anyone. Especially Lorelai.

"Jade is acting weird."

A little relief that she never asked me anything. She was simply making an observation.

"What do you mean?"

"She isn't as focused on missions anymore as she used to be. She gave me a fake mission. I played along because I thought it was just me, until I noticed that you were in Italy and she hasn't once mentioned your name."