Therapy Session 007

RAENI

RAENI

It's been a good amount of silence between us. He's tapping his pen on his clipboard in a rhythmic tune. My hands rub anxiously against one another, my chest heaving up slowly as I take a deep breath.

"You thought Jade had insecurities?" He asks as he scribbles something down on the already filled with writing page.

"I know Jade is insecure about a lot of things. Sometimes it's hard to see that she is."

Jade never would've left if she felt like she belonged with us and that we gave her all the love in the world. I have to admit that was a major fault on our end. She never felt like she could be with us. Lorelai was always quiet and I'd always try to make it about her. Trying to fix her.

Jade was overlooked. Her trauma and her futile fate, never once did I think about her. She had always waited but could never wait any longer. Lorelai didn't even care that she was no longer with us. She was just angry and wanted to kill her.

"Do you blame yourself?" His question was so open ended that I had to ask again.

"What?"

"Do you blame yourself for her insecurities, or for not seeing them as clearly?" He specified and I looked down at my conjoined hands.

"Yes."

Admitting was always the first step. While I don't blame myself for her insecurities, I do blame myself for not seeing them clearly and not really helping her overcome them. I feel like it was my duty as her friend, as her sister, to do something about it. I never did.

And now, she's gone forever. Or so I think.

"Let's go back to Derek. And possibly maybe get insight on how he got better."

"Derek never got better, he was just really good at putting on a facade. Even after I begged him not to."

"Not to get better?"

"Not to lie."