TWO

THE BELL rang as Blue pulled open the door to open the store

THE BELL rang as Blue pulled open the door to open the store. She walked inside, immediately looking over at the pinball machine for Vance.
He wasn't there.
She was very thankful that she could just get a coke in peace.
Blue walked over to the refrigerators, pulling the single door open, reaching up to grab the drink successfully. Usually if Vance was there, he'd prevent her from getting it. Thankfully this time that wasn't the case.

The lady at the front quickly rang her up as she gave her the change. "Thank you." Blue friendly smiled, turning around to leave.
       She cracked open the bottle, taking a sip but slowly lowering it when she saw a familiar face open the door. Just as she thought she could have a nice day he had to show up.

When Vance opened the door he saw the girl, anger immediately flowing through his veins.
         Blue tried to get out the door without talking to him which actually did happen thanks to a family friend.
"Parker, why aren't you at school?" Karen asked almost happily.
"Oh hi Karen. I'm just... lunch break." Blue lied quickly, hoping the woman wouldn't notice how early it was. "Oh well, I haven't seen you in quite some time! You should tell your mom to have us over." Karen smiled, continuing to rant with more enthusiasm than she needed.

Blue completely ignored the rest, pretending to keep her "focus" on Karen when in actuality she was shooting daggers at Vance.
        He was busy playing pinball but just looking at him made her angry. "Well have a nice day!" Karen finished, grabbing her kids hands and going to the candy aisle. "You too." Blue faked a smile back, going to leave, sipping her Coca Cola.

Vance looked over, watching her leave through the window. Now that she was alone this was his perfect chance to go bother her.

He finished the pinball game then exited the store, having to run to catch up to her.
          Blue heard someone running behind her and quickly looked back. She immediately rolled her eyes  at the sight, sipping on her drink some more as he finally made it in front of her.

"What? You gonna interrogate me for drinking Coke?" Blue snapped, not in the mood to argue. "Yes." He replied, stepping closer. "Why do you drink that stuff? It's nasty." He complained.
"Why not?" She shrugged, taking a sip. Once she put it back down the two kept eye contact.
Vance quickly knocked the can out of her hands causing the sticky liquid to go everywhere.

"You bitch!" She shouted, immediately taking her hand and slapping him across the face. War had started.

He immediately bent down, grabbing her legs, and throwing her over his shoulder onto the ground. Blue groaned, looking up at the boy who stood above her. She took this chance to kick him where it hurts.
He practically folded into two, giving Blue the upper hand. She quickly stood up, landing a punch to his shoulder. Now Vance was still in pain but he'd never let her win a fight.

Quickly, he kicked her knee, causing her to fall back down. "I hate you." She spat, leaning back on her elbows instead of getting up again. "Well I hate you to." He replied back, kicking her side one last time before leaving.

Blue almost started crying. Not because of the pain, but because of how angry she was at him.
She stood up, dusting off the dirt.
She winced in pain, already feeling the bruises forming. Blue would run after Vance for round 2 but she didn't feel like it.

~~~

The whole day Blue wasted away at the park, watching everyone who passed by to make sure to go home when school was out.
Eventually kids had started walking which meant school was finally out. She stood up immediately, sprinting down the sidewalk to meet up with her brother.

Once she got to the front of the school Blue immediately searched around for Baylen. Once she spotted him the girl immediately made her way over to him, pushing past several other people. She jumped on his back before getting rudely shoved off. Baylens friends laughed, covering their mouths so Blue wouldn't notice but she did.
"What's so funny?" She asked, still smiling up at her brother than back at the boys. "She your girlfriend or something?" One of them asked. Both Baylen and Blue burst out laughing. The boys all pinned their eyebrows together, whispering things to each other.

"She's my sister, dipshits." Baylen replied, smacking one of them on the back of their head. "She's not bad looking." One of them smirked, shaking the boy next to him. Baylens face dropped causing all of them to shut up. "Well, dads waiting for us." Blue told her brother, tugging at his sleeve. "Alright. See ya guys." He waved goodbye to his friends, following Blue to their dads car.

Levi didn't say anything to his kids even if they did say hello to him. Baylen eventually started a conversation with their father as they drove home.
         Blue ignored their conversation, replacing it with her headphones, looking out the window.

Eventually they made it home. The so-called home they lived in was always a mess. Several beer bottles were scattered around on the floor, the table, the counter, and even the sofa. Not to mention the house smelt like cigarette smoke due to her fathers bad habits.
        Blue hated it but there was nothing she could do to change this. Every time she tried to talk to him about it he always made an excuse.
        So when the two siblings were there they really only had each other's company.

~~~

A/N: hope this was good :)) comment and vote x