NINETEEN

SUDDENLY IT felt like a breath of fresh air. A beep from the monitor and a twitch from her hand was all Vance needed to be happy again.

Blues head suddenly turned back on, making her eyes slowly open. She could still feel the pain. Everywhere. Although Mason had patched everything up, it all hit her like a freight train.
She could only wiggle her fingers a bit but she couldn't move the rest of her body. Her mouth felt like it was sewn shut and her eyes were still very heavy.

Vance had called for the other two and they immediately rushed in. "Oh my goodness." Sadie breathed out, slowly removing her hands from her face with a smile. Mason let out a sigh of relief, leaning his forehead against the wall. "Hallelujah!" He shouted, punching the wall with a wave of happiness.

Blue finally was able to open her mouth. "I can't feel anything." Vance looked down at her, his messy hair falling in his face as he repeatedly brushed it back. "I know. It'll be like that for awhile. Your body needs to make more blood." He replied, trying to sound as smart as he could. Her eyes slowly looked up at him, her mind wanting to smile but her face muscles were to tired to.

She couldn't feel her limbs but she definitely could feel the pain in both places she got shot. "We'll leave you to rest. Holler if you need anything." Mason said smiling before leaving with the other two.  
           Blue moved her fingers, trying to get the blood to circulate in her hand. Soon enough she could move her wrist then worked on the other one.

~~~

The three sat in a lounge room, drinking hot tea to calm them down. Vance burned his tongue, spitting the liquid back into the cup and pretended like nothing happened. "So, who are you?" The boy asked out of the blue, looking at Mason. "Shouldn't I be asking who you are? I mean... I did just save your girlfriend." He snapped back, leaning back in his seat.

"First of all she's not my girlfriend. Second, you saved her. So who are you?" Mason rolled his eyes before looking back at Vance. "I'm Mason. I'm sorta trained in the medical field." Vance pinned his eyebrows together. "Sorta? You mean she could've died because you're "sorta" trained in the medical field?!" He yelled, standing up. Mason also stood up, preparing for any fight that could break out.

Sadie just stayed on the sofa, sipping her tea while watching the two boys argue. "No, she could've died because for someone reason in which I don't know of, she got shot twice. Because of you." The older boy said back, looking him directly in the eye.
          Vance would've easily thrown him to the ground if it weren't for Blue being in the room over. "Y'all are funny." Sadie giggled, placing her cup down on the wooden coffee table. "Now, who are you?" Mason said, sitting back down. Vance followed his actions, breathing out heavily.

"Vance. Vance Hopper. I'm an acquaintance of Blue." The curly head replied. "Ah, an acquaintance you say? Seems like more but okay." Mason spat back with a smirk before the wrinkles on his forehead and eyes came together. "You're the kid in the- Sadie he's the kid in the newspaper all the time!" He said excitedly, standing up and pointing a finger at him. "I know! That's exactly what I thought when he walked into my store!" Sadie smiled.
             "I'm famous? And I didn't know? Eh." Vance replied, kicking his legs out in front of him and leaning back. "Dude you're like the most well known person in this town. Everyone knows who you are." Sadie replied, leaning up on her legs. "Really? Everyone hates me in mine." He replied back, not really caring about the whole "well known around our town" thing.

"I think it's pretty sick what you do." Mason grinned at him, flopping back in his seat for the third time. "May I ask how you two know each other?" Vance moved the conversation off of him. "Well... I don't really know how to explain it." Sadie said, looking at the ground.
              "It can't be that bad. Summer fling? Friends with benefits? Just random hook ups?" Vance listed some of the possibilities. Now, he had never done any of these but he was a 16 year old, of course he was gonna know what they were.

"Something like that." Mason started getting hot, shifting in his seat awkwardly. "Wow, you don't even know what we were?" Sadie asked, hurt almost evident in her voice. "What? We were never dating." Mason snapped back. "Oh so those numerous dates you took me on were nothing?" The two started arguing before realizing Vance was still sitting there.

"Sorry kid." Sadie apologized, realizing they were probably making the boy uncomfortable. "It's good." Vance nodded at them. "I should go check on the girl... Violet... the hurt one..." Mason said, struggling to remember Blues name before running off to not face embarrassment. Sadie laughed to herself before making somewhat of a conversation with Vance.

~~~

"Hey kid, how ya doing?" He asked, walking over to her. "I'm just fine. You know, not suffering from bullet wounds or anything." She said, her voice more monotone than it had been in a long time. Mason snickered, pulling up a chair next to her.
             "What hurts?" He asked. "Just where I got hit. I'm starting to feel my limbs again." She smiled weakly, lifting her head up to look at him before laying it back down. "I'll get you some meds but yeah, you're gonna be in pain for awhile. I've been told your situation so you and your friend are gonna lay here for a bit. Oh and your gonna be very weak. Running while being shot drains the life out of you." Mason rambled.

"Ya think? I think just being shot drains the life out of you." Blue replied, staring at the ceiling. "Fair point. Also, Sadie brought some clothes for you. You can clean up whenever you feel like it." He gave a friendly smile, before handing her two pills.
            "Thank you. Um... I kinda need help." She said, signaling the weakness in her arms. "Right." He laughed before helping her. "Thank you again. If it weren't for you I'd be dead." She smiled as best she could, feeling the urge to give him a hug. "No problem. But I'm not the only one you should be thanking." He smiled before walking out.

Blue thought about Vance, wanting him close by her again to give her comfort. She should've asked for him while Mason was still in the room but she didn't, making her mentally curse.

A few hours later she had finally regained control over her body but still felt very weak. She could hardly pick up an empty cup let alone walk on her own two legs.
           Vance had just barely fallen asleep, telling himself that until he saw Blue he wouldn't but that was a lie. After Sadie and Mason had fallen asleep he was out as well. It started off as a light sleep but got heavy very quickly.

The boy was passed out as well as the other two while Blue tried to get stronger but it wasn't working. She was getting so frustrated when she tried pick up the cup but kept failing, feeling tears well up in her eyes because of the anger.

She started thinking. If I would've just not been curious that day I heard that damn scream none of  this would be happening. Vance and I would still hate each other. I wouldn't have gotten shot. My family would still be happy. All because of me.

She let a few tears roll down her face, feeling to tired to even wipe them. If only Vance were there to wipe her tears. She laid down on the uncomfortable table, deciding to just try and sleep.

~~~

A/N: surprise, she's alive. Comment and vote x