SIXTEEN

(I recommend listening to Ocean Eyes by Billie Eilish while reading the first part)

AS THE girl yawned besides Vance, who had passed out due to the lack of sleep, she couldn't think straight. Nothing about this situation felt right to her.
"Vance." She whispered, lightly kicking his back. He mumbled something before stuffing his face into a pillow. The girl sighed, kicking him harder. "Vance." She said louder, making him turn his head to look up at her, his lips smooshed against the pillow weirdly.

"What?" He asked annoyed. She looked down at him, the sliver of sunlight casting upon his eyes made them look like waves in the ocean. "You're eyes are really pretty." She admitted out loud without thinking. It caught him off guard, feeling his heart flutter slightly. He pushed the feeling aside, turning his head the other way.
          "Thanks." He mumbled, closing his eyes again, still annoyed she had woken him up just to say that his eyes were pretty.

She rested her head against the head board, taking a deep breath before exhaling. Now that Vance was awake he couldn't go back to sleep. He rolled over onto his back, staring at the ceiling before speaking. "Do you actually like fighting?" He asked randomly.
Blue was pulled away from space as she heard his question. "Why do you want to know?" She asked with obvious confusion laced in her voice.

"Do you actually like fighting people? Just for fun?" He asked now twice. The girl took a minute to process those words before coming up with an answer. "I mean sometimes." She said with a single shrug of her shoulders. "It helps release anger and that's really the only reason I do it. But if it's not that it's because I'm protecting somebody." Blue let out than slightly laughed.
"Or because I'm angry at someone." Vance smiled a bit until she asked the same question. "Pretty much your answers apart from the whole protecting people thing." Blue nodded, looking at the wall in front of them.

She started wondering what Baylen and her mom were doing right now. She imagined them sitting on their couch, blaming themselves for her troubles. Guilt washed over her and she ran her hands across her face to get rid of any bad thoughts.
"Blue." Vance said, propping up on his elbows. She looked at him, trying to ignore the stinging in her eyes. "You good?" He asked quietly. "Oh yeah. I'm great." She gave a small smile before turning her head to look out the window.

He didn't believe her but didn't press for answers either. The girl sighed then stood up, walking over to the bathroom. "I'm gonna have a shower. I'll be out soon." With that she entered the bathroom, locking the door behind her.

She looked in the mirror and saw her disheveled appearance. Blue felt her lips curl upwards into a smile. But not a smile of happiness. She couldn't really pinpoint what it was that made her smile she just... did.
She turned on the shower and pulled the handle all the way to hot. The lighting made everything look yellow, making it kind of eerie in a way.

The girl stripped from her dirty clothes and slid under the scorching hot water. It felt amazing, curing her aching muscles and rinsing all the dirt off of her.
She grabbed the small soap bottle off the shower shelf, putting some in her hands before running it through her dirty messy hair. With a sigh of satisfaction after rinsing it out she finished her shower as slowly as she could, savoring every drop that ran down her skin.