TWENTY NINE

THREE WEEKS

THREE WEEKS. Three weeks it had been without Vance. Without interacting with friends. Three weeks of laying in bed not wanting to do anything but lay there.
         Blue had still not recovered from the incident. She didn't go to school for those three weeks either. She barely talked to Baylen and her mom. Her dad... well he didn't seem to care at all, stabbing her heart with more pain that she didn't need.

She was now to afraid to brave the world from outside her bedroom window. It usually was open but it had been closed for weeks. Blue felt like a pale, pile of skin and bones. She was trapped in her mind and she couldn't escape it.

Mandy had suggested she see a therapist or counselor but Blue found no point in it. She would forever have those memories no matter what. They would haunt her everywhere she went forever.
The girl turned over in her bed, staring at the numerous posters that hung on her walls. She stared at one in particular. Blue was never a fan of sports but was only interested in baseball because Bruce played it.

She decided to hang up a poster of his favorite team just for that reason to show she cared. She started to think about Bruce. He definitely knew she was back and she still hadn't seen him or Clara. They must be pretty hurt. She thought, closing her eyes for a few seconds then opened them again.

The girl finally decided today was the today she braved her fear and go outside. The girl huffed, throwing the blankets off of her before getting up. She went to her closet, pulling out a large striped cardigan. She then pulled on some jeans that were baggy.
          Sadie had started to spark an interest for fashion in the younger girl. One thing the girl had always known was that she hated skinny jeans. She thought it showed her curves to much and also found them highly uncomfortable.

With all the bandaids covering her arms and legs she wanted to make sure they were covered as best as possible. Blue looked at herself in the mirror after brushing her hair and her teeth.
         The girl smiled, being proud of herself after a long time. She put on her beat up converse and realized she needed new ones. They were covered in dirt and dried blood. She cringed but looked back up at herself.

She grabbed a clear lip gloss from her dresser, putting some on her lips before smiling. She felt like Blue again. Well for a good long while. Her eyes looked at her neck in the mirror that was covered by Vance's flower choker that he had given her at Masons cabin.

She touched it, debating if she should take it off or not. The girl kept looking at it and decided it was best to leave it on. She sprayed some of her moms old perfume before taking a deep breath and walking out of her room.
        She walked out into the main area and two sets of eyes landed on her. Mandy smiled at her daughter. Blue gave a soft one back as Baylen complimented her.