THIRTY SEVEN (OFFICIAL ENDING)

AUGUST SET upon Denver which meant school was starting again but more importantly Vance's birthday month

AUGUST SET upon Denver which meant school was starting again but more importantly Vance's birthday month. It was on the 10th so Blue had to plan something for him.

The girl knew he didn't like big parties so she decided they'd hang out with their friends after a date then they would spend the night together.
She also had to decide on a gift. She couldn't get him much considering she was on a tight budget but she also wanted to make it special.

"A new switch blade?" Clara suggested. "That's to expensive." Blue groaned as they tried to figure out a present for him. "You have one?" The red head asked confused. "I stole it. There's a big difference." Clara rolled her eyes.
"Well I think if he loved you a lot, just your presence would be enough for him."

Blue thought about it and realized she did have a point. "Okay fair but I still wanna get him something. A new necklace maybe? But it would probably have to be homemade." She rambled, pacing her room as she spoke.

"Blue, chill." Clara spoke, walking up to her best friend and placing both her hands on the sides of her arms. Blue sighed and looked at her.
"Listen, I'm not dating him but I'd say he likes anything you give him. Vance isn't picky. And he loves you. Loves you, Blue." She smiled, shaking her arms.

"And especially everything you two have been through, he would even love it if you gave him a pebble." Blue felt her cheeks go red at Clara's words. "I'm gonna be honest, I think the necklace idea is pretty good." The two laughed and that's what Blue decided on.

The two hung out the rest of the day until Clara had to go home. Blue used the rest of her time to call Vance who was spending an early birthday with his mom.
Blue put the burgundy phone to her ear, dialing his home phone and waited to see if he picked up.

"Ali Hopper speaking." Her soft voice spoke. "It's me." Was all Blue had to say for Ali to know. "He'll be right there." She heard Ali yell his name and only a few seconds later he was on the line.

"Hi." Blue said, and although he couldn't see her she was smiling. "Hey." He responded, smiling softly as well. "So, tomorrow, for your birthday, I wanna take you out somewhere." She played with the phone cord as he replied.
   "Oh yeah? Where?" He asked, leaning against the wall. "It's a surprise." She laughed. "I hate surprises." The boy whined like a child. "Sucks to be you." She snapped back though it was just a joke.

"Fine." "Well even if you didn't agree you'd still have no choice but to come with me." She laughed, rolling onto her back. "Whatever you say." He replied. "Okay well, I just wanted to let you know. I love you, bye." "I love you to, bye." With that they hung up.

~~~

After a painfully lonely night the day had arrived. Blue got up really early, throwing on her outfit almost immediately. She wore a white shirt with blue jeans. It was basic but it was what she felt good in.