TWENTY ONE

SADIE HELPED Blue into bed as night had fell upon the forest

SADIE HELPED Blue into bed as night had fell upon the forest. "No one can find us here right?" The younger girl asked, situating herself to be comfortable. "Right. You're safe." Sadie smiled, pulling the blanket over her. Blue smiled back, thanking the older girl before Sadie walked out.

Vance was still in the shower, savoring it as best he could. Blue waited for him, flipping through numerous magazines Sadie had given her. She smiled as she saw one of her biggest idols, Olivia Newton-John, smiling right back at her on the paper.
Soon enough, Vance walked in, his hair still dripping wet from his shower. He was wearing a long sleeve navy blue sweater with gray sweatpants. Blue couldn't deny it. He looked good.

"You gonna keep staring or go to bed?" He asked with a small smirk while drying his hair off more. "Hmm... gonna keep staring." She replied with a half smile. He smiled while looking down, placing the towel on the tall dresser. "I've lost count on how many times I've made you smile." Blue said, their eyes locking as he turned back around.
"Oh zip it." He replied, walking over and getting under the blankets besides her. "And thank you." She said, looking over at him. "For what?" He asked cluelessly. "Practically saving my life. You went back for me and stayed by me while I was dying." She gave a sad smile, placing her hand on top of his.

He looked down at it and emotions started to flood through him. He almost hated it. He hated feeling. The boy absolutely despised it. What he hated even more was the fact that the girl he once used to hate was the cause of it.

"Anytime." He said back, not really knowing what to say. Blue laid on her back, staring at the darkness that surrounded them. "Are you hurting?" The boy asked, looking at how uncomfortable she looked. She nodded, getting to tired to speak.
He threw the blanket off of him, going to find Sadie. He went into the kitchen to find Mason and her arguing over something. Sadie noticed him and excused herself.

"Is everything okay?" She asked worriedly. "Blue is uncomfortable. She's still wearing that dirty blouse and pants." He explained. "Shit. I forgot, let me go get her something." The blonde ran to her room and came back out with a large sweater and sweatpants.
"Take these to her. Night Vance." She smiled before walking away. He walked back to their room and handed her the clothes. "If you need help, just ask." He said before giving her privacy.

The girl managed to get the outfit on before telling him he could come back inside. "Goodnight Vance." She whispered, finding a comfortable sleeping position. "Goodnight Blue." He whispered back before flipping to his side.

~~~

Around midnight the girl woke up from a nightmare and from pain. Beads of sweat trickled down her back and she tried her best to not breathe so loud. She didn't feel like crying which was odd but she was silently grateful for it.
Vance was also struggling to sleep, alerting the boy with her breathing. "Blue, are you okay?" She looked at him and didn't say anything. She instead cuddled into his side. He was confused but let her, figuring they both needed it.

He rested his head against hers, something he never thought he'd do. But she was definitely growing on the boy. Blue closed her eyes but didn't fall asleep. The girl was still to scared from her nightmare for that.
He ran his fingers up and down her arm in a comforting manner, making the girl feel safe.

Vance laid on his back while Blue laid on the side that wasn't in pain. The silence was also comforting, listening to the muffled cricket chirps outside the window.

The two eventually fell asleep in each other's arms, letting the silence drown out their thoughts.

~~~

Morning had come again, not bothering the two teens who lay peacefully. Vance's hair was all over the place as was Blues. Their position hadn't changed much since they had fallen asleep, making their muscles stiff and sore.
              Vance was the first to wake up, the sunlight practically blinding him. He rested his free arm over his eyes, blocking the drowning sun out.

Blue was sound asleep, her face buried in his sweater. The sleep sorta helped the pain die down which the girl was forever grateful for. She was dead asleep so Vance's movements didn't wake her in the slightest.

He looked down at her, his heart beating rapidly in his chest. Never once had he thought that he'd be in this position. He had always thought girls were just annoying pests that wanted attention 24/7. But Blue had managed to wedge herself into his heart.
He leaned his head back against the wall with a sigh, running a hand over his hair to help tame it. It didn't really work but he also didn't really care.

Blue moved her head out of his sweater and looked at the bright room around them. A yawn came from her mouth before she looked up at Vance. What the fuck. She thought, carefully slipping away from him.
     "Morning sleepyhead." He mumbled, his eyes still heavy with sleep. "Morning, sorry about that. I was tired and didn't know what I was doing." She said almost sadly, looking at the blanket to avoid his eyes. "Don't worry about it." He said back, his eyes closing again.

Blue felt her heart start beating faster at the thought of his comfort. Last night was the safest she'd felt in a while. In his arms. She kept telling herself that it wasn't feelings growing upon her and it was simply just the thought of a friend. But we all know it was just denial.

"I've been thinking." He spoke up. "I want you to have this." The boy reached up to his neck, unhooking his flower choker he always wore. It was worn out from how long he had worn it but it was in decent shape.
Blue looked at him confused. "Why? This is like your favorite thing in the world? Didn't your mom make it for you?" The girl asked softly, thinking back to what he had told her in their cabin.

"Yeah but if anything happens to me it's legacy should live on." He said half sarcastically, reaching over to her to put it on. She lifted up her hair, taking the gift he so randomly gave.

Once he was done she dropped her hair as he stared at it. "Looks better on you." He smiled. "Well thank you." She smiled back.

~~~

A/N: feelings. Comment and vote x