THIRTY

THE BELL chimed as Blue walked through the door to the Grab n' Go

THE BELL chimed as Blue walked through the door to the Grab n' Go. The front desk lady looked at her and smiled. Blue noticed but brushed it off, looking around for who she actually needed.

She saw the curly head standing at the pinball machine. Of course. Once she saw him she froze. She didn't know what would happen and was afraid of it.
        "Some fucker beat my high score!" He shouted, hitting the machine. That's the Vance Hopper she knew.

"Then beat that one." A longed haired kid said from beside him. "You bet your ass I will." He snapped back, keeping his focus on the game.
   "Give me a quarter." He demanded the kid. "What? You broke?" Vance had enough, grabbing the kid by the collar. "Give me a motherfucking quarter!" He yelled in his face

The kid was shaking in his boots when Vance put him back on the ground harshly. "Okay! Okay! Here!" The kid fumbled with his pockets before pulling the coin out. Vance snatched it, shoving it into the slot before playing.

He didn't care about anyone or anything except for the pinball machine in front of him. He didn't beat it the first time causing him to hit it and grab his head. He turned around to see Blue watching from across the room.
         She hadn't realized she was watching until she felt Vance grab her hand and pull her out of the store.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He whisper yelled, pulling her in front of him. "It's a free country, I'm allowed anywhere I want." She snapped back, looking him dead in the eye. "Cut the bullshit. Why are you actually here?"
    She looked up at the dark clouds before back at him. "Because I want to talk." She whispered, putting her hands in front of her. "About what?" He asked with a monotone voice.

"You should know." Blue was getting bored of his antics and she knew damn well he knew what she wanted to talk about. Vance avoided her eyes, looking everywhere but there.

"Let's do that somewhere that's not here." He mumbled, reaching for her hand. She hesitantly grabbed it but once she did he pulled them on the sidewalk.
       The two walked in silence until it started to rain. "Great timing." He muttered, pulling Blue closer to him. Her heart thumped faster and faster as he did. The two knew they had feelings for each other and just didn't say it out loud.

Blue stopped them once she realized they were out front of her house. "We can talk outside." She said, parting from him and standing in front. She didn't want to go inside where her family was so outside would have to work.

"Go on." He said, crossing his arms. "First of all I never got to explain myself. The reason I said all those things is because..." Here she went. But before she got anything out she stopped. "Are you gonna say anything? You're wasting my time." He replied to her silence.
       "Excuse me? I'm not the only one who has to say something." She asked offended. "What do you what me to say?" The boy started getting angry, dropping his arms.

Blue glared up at him. He knew exactly what to say.

"Fine. I want you to say that you like me like I like you! The signs are so obvious, Vance! I've never felt these "things" before but it's scary and I guess I'm just scared that you don't feel the same." The girl ranted, not even thinking about what she was saying.