SIX

SCHOOL HAD started again and Blue wasn't happy about it

SCHOOL HAD started again and Blue wasn't happy about it. Her head was down on the desk, not listening to a thing the teacher was saying. That was until the teacher noticed.
"Ms. Parker, is there a reason you can't stay awake in todays class?" She snapped. Blues head shot up, rubbing her eyes. "Yes ma'am. I'm tired." She responded. The whole class was looking at her at this point which made her uncomfortable. "Alright, go to the nurses office." Blue immediately stood up, throwing her backpack over her shoulder, leaving without hesitation.

Instead of going to the nurses office she pulled on her headphones and left the school. Without bumping into Vance again she went back to the park. A safe place for her.

The fall breeze pushed back her hair, causing chills to run up her spine. Usually Blue liked the autumn days but today was different. Something was set in the air which made the chills a mix of cold and because of the bad feeling that welled up.

Blue shook it off, sitting down against the same tree she had a few days ago, looking off into the trees that were a few feet away. The girl couldn't focus on the music anymore as a curious feeling boiled up.
            Blue loved the outdoors. It was an escape for her along with music.
With that being said, she stood up, slowly walking towards the forest.

That was until she heard a sound that would change her life forever.

A single gun shot.

A scream and then...

Silence.

The girl had stopped walking, she was frozen in place. The world around her seemed to stop. The birds, the wind, the sound of cars whizzing past. All of it had stopped.

Until she saw two guys run out of the trees, black hoodies and pants but no masks. She quickly made a mental note on what they looked like before they got into the car and drove away.
Adrenaline was still shooting through her veins as she cautiously walked towards where the sound had come from. No, it wasn't a smart idea but if she could help she would.

When she walked into the thick trees the air felt even more heavy. Knowing what had just happened seconds ago wouldn't leave her head any time soon. When she turned her head at the sound of birds flocking out of the trees, down on the ground lay the body.

"Oh my God." She whispered. Whoever it was that lay on the ground bleeding wasn't completely dead. Yet.

"Oh my God!" She shouted when she came to her senses about what the actual hell was going on. She knelt on the ground besides him, immediately ripping a piece of her shirt and pressed it to the wound.
"Thank. You." The person choked out, leaning his head up for a split second then back down on the ground. Still putting pressure on the wound, Blue set his head in her lap. She was breathing heavy, trying to keep tears out of her eyes.
"It's... it's gonna be okay." She cried out. Though she had no idea who this person was, a life shouldn't be lost like this.