EIGHTEEN

RINGING AND more ringing was all Blue Parker could hear

RINGING AND more ringing was all Blue Parker could hear. Time seemed to slow down as she hit the ground. Her eyes were hazy and she couldn't focus on a single thing that was going on around her. The air had been knocked out of her, causing the girl to gasp for air.
"Blue!" Vance's voice finally cut through to her hearing. She felt as if she couldn't move. Paralyzed in fear and shock. The boy rushed over, quickly leaning down, his whole body shaking due to adrenaline and fear.

"Tell me if this hurts." He said, lifting her up quickly but cautiously. She snapped back to reality for the most part, trying to move her legs to keep up with his. He put her arm around his shoulder, gently holding her side so he wouldn't touch the wound. "Breathe, okay? I know it's hard but try. Please." He managed to say without any signs of emotion.
Blue could hear the bad men behind them, their loud voices hurting her ears. Suddenly, a sharp pain ran up through her, making the poor girl cry out in pain. "Ow, Vance it hurts." She cried through tears of pure torture. Blue couldn't remember the last time she had cried because of physical pain. It felt like decades ago.

But now that she was again, she hated every moment of it.

"I know. I know." He didn't know what to do. There was no where to go. No one to call for. No one to plead for help for. He was out of cards.

The boy silently prayed for a miracle as he heard the men get closer due to their lack of sprinting. They were really only speed walking now.
Vance hadn't noticed but a single tear slipped his eye as he held the only girl he had ever paid attention to in his arms while she was suffering from a bullet wound from some asshole men who were out for her for no reason.

Usually, revenge always came to his mind but at the moment, he just wanted her safe and healthy again.

Suddenly a loud honk came from beside them and a car pulled in front of them. "Get in!" A semi familiar voice called out through the rolled down window. Vance didn't hesitate, he just needed Blue to sit.
He gently placed the girl in the backseat and hopped in next to her then slammed the door shut. He frantically looked around the car for anything to apply pressure to the wound.

"Here." He looked up to see a familiar looking woman in the drivers seat, holding a handkerchief. Once he grabbed it she took off her sunglasses, revealing Ms. Sadie from the thrift store. "Sadie." Blue managed to get out, throwing her head back due to the miserable pain she was in. Sadie gave a sad smile in the rearview mirror before pulling onto a nearby road.

"Blue, if you can hear me, this is gonna hurt." He said before applying pressure to the wound. Blue cried out as tears streamed down her face. Her breathing was very unsteady as she grabbed Vance's open hand.
"Sadie, she needs help!" Vance looked at the blonde in the front. "I know kid." She said back, speeding down the empty road surrounded by huge oak trees.

"Focus on me, okay?" Vance tried to instruct Blue as best he could without breaking down. His voice was trembling and his hands were shaking as they were now covered in blood. He slowly took his hand away from hers, wiping some of the tears off her face. "It's gonna be okay. You're gonna be okay." He let out, trying to convince her and himself.