"you're quiet"

04 || "you're quiet "

I bounced my leg up and down anxiously awaiting the dismissal of the bell. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about spending time with Shawn after school. It was hard for me to wrap my mind around why he finds such interest in me. Like he said, I hadn't noticed him till the day of that party and he hasn't heard much of me.

He strikes me to be the social kind of guy with loads of friends. Not so much his appearance, but his confidence. Of course this just assumptions, I've never seen Shawn in the halls let alone with someone. Even if I had I definitely do not recall. My head is always hung low and he's extremely tall, thin too.

Mr. Horn had positioned a piece of chalk in his hand and was ready to write notes across the board when the bell had rang. Of course my heart fell to my ass, the only person who has bothered to acknowledge me besides the few friends that I have would be waiting at my locker. To make matters worse (or slightly better) he was good looking. Scar and cute boys do not mix, it's a recipe for disaster if you ask me.

I slung the strap to my bag over my shoulder then made my way out the classroom behind the line of students. My locker is located on the second floor and i was currently on the third. With each step I took down the steps my stomach turned.

I could just skip my locker today and just go home where I could come up with an excuse as to why I didn't show up.

...That would be mean and I could use a friend.

Before I could think myself out the situation awaiting me, I was two lockers away from my own and Shawn was watching me as I approached him.

I stopped in front of him and stood there. He smiled down at me and I smiled back awkwardly, waiting for him to step aside. He didn't seem to quite get that he was blocking access to my locker and stayed in position.

"Shawn."

"Yeah?" He answered quickly.

"You're in my way." I laughed softly and he moved away almost immediately, his cheeks going red.

He was also nervous and that made me feel a hundred times better.

After dropping off the books I didn't need to bring home with me I grabbed my light jacket and slipped it on while shutting my locker with a free hand. Shawn was leaning against the one beside mine with his arms crossed over his chest.

He may be thin, but he's got a bit of arm muscle and this position definitely flaunts that. "You ready?" He asked and I nodded my head following behind him as he began to walk out the school exit.

I walked beside him with my arms crossed over my chest. part of me was hoping alexis would show up panting because she had been in search for me, demanding we go to the mall. there was nothing wrong with shawn the problem was I. It's harder for me than it is for anyone else here at school to make a friend and have them stay. i tend to stumble on my words and either say too much or too little. the last thing i would want is for someone like shawn to drop me off with a complete new perspective on me, a negative one.

i'm thinking too much.

"you're quiet."

I looked up at him as we walked , my heart racing because i had to actually speak to him.

"i'm sorry, just thinking." he stopped at his car then gripped the handle. when i thought he would pull the door open he leaned against it, eyes fixed on me with a sincere look on his face. i stood before him, confusion on mine.

"you don't have to, like go if you dont feel like it. i just wanted to take you to this place not far from my house."

"why?"

"why what? just need a friend that's a-" his eyebrows furrowed.

"i want to go." i cut him off then smiled lightly. but he didn't, he broke out into a grin that made my lips tug into a wider smile.

"cool." he tugged on the handle then waited for me to lower myself inside so he could close the door. once i was buckled up he slammed it shut then walked around the car, soon joining me.

this was my second time sitting in shawn's car and from the way he smiles at me i hope it isn't the last.