7. Excuses Sincères

This is an apology to you. I can't stop thinking that I was to blame even though it's self centred, that's what I say. Excuses sincères.

Before I said cruel words, you were angelic and innocent. I can't help but think that I ruined that image. I know you are free to your choices, but keep thinking that if I was still there, you would have stayed as sweet. Now, I don't know who you are.

Sometimes I watch across the room, and second guess everything. I would think that you're probably zoning out again, but my gut instinct would tell me you aren't okay. Pure sadness in those once bright eyes, before you're back to your new self.

It wasn't even you to blame, yet I said sour words and poisoned what could have remained okay. You never wanted such an outcome, but before I knew it, we were strangers. Now I can't look you in the eye, even though you've probably gone on with your life.

Spending entire weeks thinking about you isn't enough, I can't seem to stop grieving what I gave up. You seemed to get over what I said in instants. I never knew you were so precious, but now that you're gone and a slave to society, I wish never sent those texts. You're not mine to worry about, and someone else cares about you.

I still can't contemplate that you could be so changed, and still close to the one that ruined what was remaining. She was the catalyst, yet you care about her in ways you never cared about your best friend. Now that she's replaced, you seem to treat the new one better than ever. I guess I wasn't worthy of that, especially now. You're a completely new person, and so the statement remains true:

People change people.

You aren't the girl that was scared of small problems. You're a girl that rebels against society by sipping on their elixir, you seek personality but build yours on others. You try things that you would never try, you speak in ways you never would. You talk to people you wouldn't a year ago, you cross lines that you swore you would never catch sight of.

I still choose to think it was I. The girl I see isn't you anymore and the slate, it's cleaned.

© Sincerely, ♡ - November 2022