8. Acerbic

I was so keen to be by you, whenever you were in torment. It was the role I kept.

I guess there was a reason, not being tended to when I was broken. I wanted to stop people knowing that pain. I never thought this wouldn't please the inconsolable pain, that I would be shot in the process.

Your pain wasn't bearable, all i could do was try and speak to you. Realising that being someone's support in their pain is sweet, I thought it was to ameliorate. thought that people would appreciate that I care, that I was there.

I guess you can think of the outcome. It was like a shard of glass in whatever sanity remained. I couldn't cope, I was screaming. I wanted to be seen, but I was only known when they were breaking again.

I was a slave to their emotional insanity, that I couldn't take care of what I was going through. I was so concentrated on trying to stitch people that I tore my stitches out, to restore someone's progress.

Yet I was never a strategist. I would seep into pages, to be substantiated. The slashes were sore, but got acclimated. I never take care, the way that I care about others, I have grown to become self-contempt.

I can't contemplate that I can be so okay with personal torment but be so beyond someone's pain. I can't see the sweetness, what I see is the acerbic person in these thoughts I cry tears, wishing I wasn't so egocentric to care about others. What a baby.

© Sincerely, ♡ - November 2022