58. Anagapesis

I wasn't crying even though you never tried to care, twice yet those thoughts came in later. The truth is, I was pretty over our past. The only thing that angered me was that you added to a cauldron of lies and pain I collected over years. And when I die, will it be the right time to let it go and let the papers turn to black soot in the corners of my little smile? Even then, there's no guarantee that I will ever cry about it. There were only two nights that you took away, when you claimed I killed the party with a sentimental game. Incassable, a lie.

Beauté en pleurs, won't you see? The one that caused the ending was you. You were the instigator of our world, so let me watch it incinerate. Let me watch you, like a sadist, as you cry over the pain. Darling, I got over this 'which of you and I can dislike the other more?' part of the play. I'm over the dislike, I only want you to die in our mansion. Riches don't come before contentment. I thought our riches would be my contentment to me, and I never thought once I'd end it. Each billion takes a stone, to create our own cemetery. You and I knew this couldn't remain real as I planned, notre perte. C'est tellement triste, et pourtant tu es la seule à pleurer. Your tears can't grow your wisterias back, they're gone, and your atropa? She'll never return to collect the bones.

Now that I gaze at the pages, you were not my reason to exist. I was yours instead, and that was where we were incorrect. That was where I needed to close the book, I couldn't let you complete our pages anymore. The marks that appeared on your palms, they drowned me in your cries. Listen to the creatures of the darkness now that you and I are all gone, and into the blackness of the night. Our relationship escaped into the light, and now despondency isn't right. C'est notre petit mystère.

You were not the problem, you only caused them all. Am I a problem? I merely copied all you'd done. Yes, I'll be the matchstick in our mansion. I don't care what you choose to paint me as, I'm either cruel or I'm right. I don't mind being the one you dislike. Another name on your list of pain, and yet you're near the top of mine. There can be two matchsticks to keep a mansion alight yet as my match lit our banisters, yours went straight into the closet. Your disguises set alight, led you into your demise. Now I know your real intentions, you didn't even try to end it. I ended it in your place, and let you attempt to escape. Cruelty? That's on you, and karma can take its course. You and I'd no remorse, and yet you're the only corpse.

© Sincerely, ♡ - August 2023