50. You Owe Me Alimony

I never thought it would be so excruciating to see your smile, yet my notebook is covered in obscene threats to your existence. Don't you see the cruelty in putting me through those moments of joy only to embarrass me? And now look at your smile, it's like the one you gave me when I complimented your taste and your curls. Does she make you as pleased with the person you are, or does every compliment add to your scales equally? Are your good books just sweet words or is there a note on my name? Did it really mean zero to you when I made you a mistake and started giving you less care by day as you did to me, did it not pierce you like your smile did me, aren't you ashamed to know those people and still say my name knowing the way they'd behave? I know you thought it was a sweet gesture, I know you thought it wouldn't cause any problem to tell them you're amazed by it. Maybe I'm just overthinking you like a mistake, yet I'm torn at the sight of your slick blonde hair and your eyeliner, the picture you posted. Does it surprise you that people don't like you, does it play with your insecure little brain? Well the reality is that I was the one, it was my rage and pain to be blamed because nobody dislikes your innocent eyes and you're pretty cool, even on drinking nights. The world says that you're sparkling, but I wouldn't know because I'm wearing Prada sunglasses. Yet, you tell me every single day. I'm starting to believe that you're okay, and I'm wanting to be in the tomb. I'm not jealous, I think she's beautiful. I just wish that I knew I'd a chance if I became who you wanted me to be, did I know that your type was so easy to pretend to be? I could've been the one you kissed, the one that you went public with. I always knew you liked girls anyway. It's not a shame, because it meant that I could be with you. It meant that you could like me too. Don't worry, everything is through. I just wish that I never met you. Every single time I see your golden, glowing face, this heart sinks to the floor with chains of 'I wish you weren't the one with the knife'. You are a centrepiece and my world was your engaging personality, so don't you think our little experience deserves some alimony? Pay me, please.

© Sincerely, ♡ - June 2023