38. Ensino Médio

You're like Cassia-

Ensino Médio, and you were this dictator. Your charming looks were like deceit to younger me. That's what you came across as, a dictator. People claimed you were this terrible person who could ruin people. You liked to keep with this reputation, even when you and I know you aren't like that. Remember when you tried to criticise me and I criticised you right back? Remember when you smiled at a grade 10 comeback? You cover the sweetness with salt as when people get a taste of you, they'll know it's a lie. You like to trick people, and the sweetness inside changed all that I knew about you. People don't see your good side, why did you keep it as your secret? I guess I knew one that people wouldn't accept, you were the sweetest person I'd ever met.

You're not Ceylon-

You spent your time near bad people, so you seemed so bitter. Examining closely, you pretended to lead. There's always two sides to a person, you got the best and they got the worst. You're not a tyrant. Possessed, you were possessed. Being such a date among cranberries is like a sin. You aren't a bad person. Yet, you care so deeply towards people that are too good to stay, people that'll take your core and tread on it. You don't like their acts, and I can tell you want to be on a good side. People agreed that you're destined to be better, and I'm still scared you'll change. You're truly a polar opposite, yet you're still there. All I want is you to be careful, please don't soil your personality to become as terrible as they are. They aren't you, remember that.

You are eternal-

I know I'm one to obsess over your trickery, but your next trickery is one you created in my mind. Do you remember when you stepped closer to me, and you and I were centimetres away? My mind was telling me to kiss you, but I couldn't. Did you want me to? Did you want to kiss my cheek that day or did you want more? You know you're doing this to me, I can see it in your eyes. You put your arm against the wall and looked me in the eyes and it's like you were looking at me a last time. My eyes wanted to dart even as they got lost in yours, and your eyes warmed me every single time. Did you lose your talent or could you still give me crazy thoughts every moment that we're close? Can you remember my mistake? You didn't stop caring, and that's what I like about you. I like your smile, your secrets and your ability to make me senseless.

© Sincerely, ♡ - May 2023