57. Poison

I knew a toxic situation, could see those light years away. It was you though, that coerced oblivion to kiss me so deeply that I lost my common knowledge. I couldn't see that topic always changed to be you, and I was the only one you clinged onto. Couldn't I see, that you were ripping your claws into me?

I'm leaking, and I'm lying. I can't look through my eyes 'cause you ripped them out, then I got them back as you tried not to crack. It's a pain so ruining that my mind needed to erase it. And I claimed you'd gotten punished through and through, yet your guilt trips by accident, pulled me close to the gravel.

Richest colour in these veins, it was your poison. Naïve was I to let you cling, and now the salt's in the cut. I can't tell you that I care enough to want you back. I grew the way you claimed you needed me to, but eventually people cut right through you 'cause they knew I was believing you. Escaping would have killed me, so I couldn't let go. I let you plant yourself within.

The vines are cut and now I feel so light 'cause although I know you're in pain, I survived a great war. I survived it before you. Your pain wasn't all me and it killed me to see that other people told me in the past. I cut through you a last time. You'll grow back eventually but I don't want to be the accessory that keeps you pretty, can't you beautify yourself? Won't your wisterias wilt if you're not keen to care?

There's others better to you that will come across with the years as you realise what you do. I'm terrified that you'll shut your emotions off completely instead of realising, what were the wrongs and what were rights, you'll be confused within your mind and I probably left you stinging, it's clear to see, but why would I sting when I loved the way that you wrapped around my arms so pretty... if you weren't a suffocator? Take back what is yours.

© Sincerely, ♡ - August 2023