43. Mellow

You know who's inside and who people see, you know every single part of me. I know all of you, each detail and it's clear to see I can open up to you. That embrace changed my nights, when you replied. At least my glass eyes took me to you. That pain allowed me to see that you're a crystal, and you'd say likewise. You charge me with your light, and you tell me I'm sane. I never once second-guessed our love towards each other. I ensure that I can always be there, because you are empyrean. Sweet little girls with a sharp pain in the heart have become scarred but appreciative of both the light and dark, and you ground me. I can tell you anything and we could never fall apart, and you know everyone that's relocated to my street. I can always be there when you need my opinions on a stingy girl across yours. You are the magical one though, not only me. You know their real intentions, and you know the pain.

The Bonnie and Clyde beneath our parents' noses, and it only made me and you better people than they could ever be. Pain courses through my veins in the landing, and you were the person I thought of. The moon isn't aligned yet, the time isn't right to confess. You and I though, our time is right and you are the sanest choice I ever make. You gleam as you tell me your experiences and you want to be that person to listen, and I know I can tell you what the bees whisper in my ears. I can tell you when I saw the spider entangling its prey and I can tell you whether the butterflies come back to play. You're the only one that doesn't look away. You look at me like I'm art deco, I'm cherry stains on your cheeks. Pink, like rosé. My smiles are yours, yet I'd gladly risk mine to make you the only light. My deities monitor you, and eternally bless you. I told them you're my snapdragon and on your birthday, with pink ink I write.

Your candelabra in my room is a blessing to me, and so I write pretty sigils on everything I can see. You relight a candle when one goes out, but there's always enough light to go around. You smell like summer berries and vanilla ice cream, your honeycomb skin always glows. Tresses as dark as black coffee rest on your elegant shoulders. I sincerely think you are gorgeous, whether you choose to see it or not. I'd send a billion pretty words to you, just keep on looking and the bumblebee will be right there. The buzzing of a billion compliments, they should bless you with all the gifts that you could want. I love you like the ice in my coffee, it's true. Whenever I see London's eye, I see you. My lighters all look like the ones that you picked on a trend, and I know your cigarettes would be my choice in nicotine and it's incredibly intoxicating. You and I both know we could never care, incense to mask a smoky smell in the air. Rebellion isn't a sin, it's a tragedy that is not rare. Yet our tragedy is, because if our pain remained entirely negative then you would not still be there.

© Sincerely, ♡ - June 2023