56. It's Not You, It's Not Me

I looked at a moon every evening, its appearance changes yet it remains gorgeous. In the light, I'd not expect my moon to come down to me. Did my mind notice til now? You're radiant, and you danced in the light.

I can't claim you appeared as dark as a moon can appear, yet you were so clear against my darkness. There's no person that knew all my secrets except you. My moon knows tales that I'll never tell anyone.

Oh, the tears in your eyes. It is a new moon tonight, and I cannot stand to see you cry. Blackened beauty, in the black of space, and the sun shys away tonight. You're only a moon, you can only depend. I yearn to explain to you, tell you my problems.

Alas, my moon isn't clear, so I can't pour out these cries. I care about you, precious moon. Please open your eyes and look at me, I'm okay. Tell me. Look, I'm grinning, please tell me.

I guess you could say I'm an idiot, you can't reply. There isn't any point to lie either, I'm not okay. I cannot restrict my mind and its eating at me. My dear moon, you know I'm always there. I really do care.

You know, my mind yelled as you stopped coming down. I knew you would be back though, I knew you cared too. My moon didn't make my organs disintegrate or make my mind as clear as a needle in a room. You are a moon, only not mine.

I can't trust you like my moon, this time you aren't back. Are you even a moon? You take up the night with your presence, but you're draining me. Galileo doesn't agree. You need to realise, I'm experienced. I'm not going to lose my light because you're not there.

Isn't it peculiar that I'm in pain yet I'm your light? Your absence is our absence when we're both living in the night. And dear, my darling, you aren't a moon. I know now. My moon always remains in cycle, you're not in yours. I can't even recognise you with a light, it can't reach you.

And so please know, I cannot cling to you the way you cling to me. I need to keep alight, not preparing my demise.

© Sincerely, ♡ - July 2023