42. Allegro, Sweet Girl.

Reminiscent days where I'd sit and replay a scene where I learnt the word, 'allegro.' A tempo so light, and I yelled it at the television. Where is that little girl now? I stop. Do my lullabies remain or do I now play another tune, another game?

The rules aren't as lento and there's no sweet embrace, my black roses and peaches are the consequence of time.

Great ruins replace a once beautiful scene, and it is proof that time is a scourge that takes the sweetest prosperity and turns it to painful shrieks. I cannot think as I stare at the crumb trail's remains, there is one crumb that remains as my crow rued the day.

Alas, my mind is disordered to the core as a means to contemn the girl I was before. My memory is poor, so my innocence eloped with the past and I'm alone again.

My remedy to pathetic childishness was to erase my smiles and set my alarm to awake everyday in a deadly world between birth and death. This so-called blessing stole my roses and peaches away, and the soot covers my cheeks and entire body.

I am covered in the ruin of a little girl, and sweet candy-scented blood covers my palms. My path isn't easy, as you can read, and the blood stains are engrossed an eternity.

Revenge comes in paper bags with sugary contents, and I'd made a mistake to drink away my sweetest tea like it was the apple that banished Adam and Eve. Silly me.

© Sincerely, ♡ - June 2023