Baking and.. thats it actually

Travis heard someone running from behind him as he was walking to his favorite park. He turned around and saw Y/n fumbling with his backpack, trying to get it zipped up as he ran. As he got closer, Travis heard him cursing under his breath as he got more and more irritated at the bag.

Once Y/n finally caught up to Travis, he stopped in his place. He continued to try to force the zipper to work and Travis eventually took the bag out of his hands and calmly zipped the bag. Y/n stood there, staring at his backpack in anger and then looking at Travis' face, his glare softening before going away.

"Thanks." He muttered, embarrassed at his struggle.

Travis handed him his backpack back. "No problem. What did you need?"

Y/n stared seemingly at Travis' eyes, trying to think of what he was there for. Travis looked at anything but Y/n and backed up slightly. Y/n eventually remembered what he wanted to say after a couple of minutes.

"Ah, right. Your mother said you were sick on your birthday so I wanted to say, happy belated birthday! Hope you're feeling better, man."

Travis' eyebrows slightly furrowed, finding it weird that his mother had Y/n something that wasn't even the slightest bit true.

"Oh, uh.. yeah I'm feeling better." He began picking at his fingernails, feeling bad but also worried about fibbing to his best friend. "Is that all you wanted?"

Y/n slightly shrugged. "No, I was also wondering if you wanted to go to my place and like.. bake something since we weren't able to hang out the last few days."

Travis agreed to hang out and Y/n grabbed Travis' hand, leading the way to the apartment complex. Once they got to Y/n's place, they put their bags on the sofa and went into the kitchen. They stand by the counter, their shoulders touching.

"So what were we going to make?" Travis asks, scratching the back of his neck.

Y/n looked at the side of Travis' face. After a few moments he spoke. "I was thinking like.. a cake or something."

Travis met Y/n's gaze. "Yeah, yeah okay."

Y/n goes through his father's notebook of recipes and stops on a carrot cake recipe. Y/n began getting the ingredients they needed out while Travis got the appliances.

________________________

Travis ranted on about a snake he found the day before as he stirred the batter. He pulled the whisk out of the bowl and accidentally flung some batter on Y/n's face. Travis' eyes widened as Y/n tried to hide a smile.

"Travis! How could you do this to me, man?" Y/n said, trying to make it noticeable that he was joking.

Travis put the bowl down and quickly wiped the batter off of Y/n's chin. "I am so.. I didn't mean to-" Y/n dipped his finger in the batter and smeared it on Travis' cheek. Travis slightly furrowed his eyebrows. "What is wrong with you?!" Y/n slightly flinched at Travis' raised tone and he began to laugh, trying to lighten the mood once more. "Why would you do that?"

"I'm s- I was just joking."

"What about this is funny?"

"Nothing. I'm sorry." Y/n muttered at the end. Travis grabbed a towel and wiped the batter off before he continued stirring. Y/n stood there in silence for a moment and then went through the notebook, looking for a frosting recipe.

________________________

Travis took the cake out of the oven and placed it on top of it. He looked at Y/n who was still stirring the completely smooth frosting.

He sighed. "I'm... I ap-" He looked down at the cake once more and took a deep breath in. "I... apologize for earlier. I shouldn't have.. yelled at you."

He looked at Y/n once more and saw that he was already looking at him. "It's alright Trav'." Y/n put the spoon down and stuck a finger in the frosting.

Travis gagged and brought a fist to his mouth. "That's so disgusting. Please don't- please don't do that."

Y/n laughed and licked the frosting off. He went to the sink and washed his hands. After a few minutes, the couple began to decorate the cake. Once they were done, Y/n grabbed a knife and held the handle out to Travis.

"Would the birthday boy like to do the honors?"

Travis smiled and grabbed the knife. "Yes he would."

As Travis cut the cake, Y/n grabbed the presents he wasn't able to give him out of his closet. He went back into the kitchen and grabbed his plate and the two of them went to Y/n's room. Y/n put on music and the two of them sat on the floor. Y/n handed Travis his presents and afterward they leaned on Y/n's bed, Travis' head leaned back.

"I think we burned the cake a bit." Travis said as he stares at the ceiling.

Y/n laughed. "Yeah. Could've been worse though."

"Yeah, you're right."

The two sat in silence, the only sound being the barely audible music in the background. Travis sighed.

"This was fun." Travis said.

Y/n grinned as he continued staring at the wall. "Yeah?"

"Mhm. S' the best late birthday I've ever had."

Travis nudges Y/n's foot with his own and the two sat in silence once again. Y/n leaned his head back on his bed and looked toward Travis, only to see the boy looking at him. They stared at each-other for a few moments.

Y/n brought his hand towards Travis' and interlocked their fingers. Travis began pulling his hand away, finally breaking eye contact. His hand froze and he put it back where their hands were originally rested. He looked back to Y/n's eyes and smiled.

________________________

Sorry this took so long to update, I've been procrastinating lmao. Not the best chapter but I though it would've been sweet. Also, Travis is a germaphobe and no one can change my mind.

Have a good day/night my love <3