32 - Tiny drop

Lian's POV

Lian's POV

Taipei - At night.

"KNOCK, KNOCK"

"Come in."

"Mr. Wang, you have an unscheduled visit."

"Who is it?"

"Mr. Vegas Kornwit Theerapanyakul"

I was expecting that sooner or later the minor family heir would get to me...but I didn't imagine it would be so soon.

"Let him in"

Vegas calmly enters my office accompanied by my assistant.

He politely thanks her, who exits the room flushed by the gallant man's cordiality.

Khun Kan's son is a few years younger than me.

Vegas exults in dominance, yet his charisma camouflages his real intentions.

Any ordinary person would fall for the good-looking, soft-spoken young man.

But he's no different than me, or any other mafia heir that arrived in this city recently for the chess room meeting.

He'll soon see that there are several smart ones.

...

Vegas' POV

"Welcome to Wang Pharmaceuticals, Mr. Kornwit. What can I do for you?"

The man behind the desk rises to greet me with a polite smile.

We shake hands.

"How about we don't pretend we don't know about each other, Mr Wang...or should I say, White King."

"Pease call me Lian since we are not completely strangers...somehow. Have a seat, Mr. Kornwit."

He cordially points to the couch and pour a glass of whiskey to me.

"You can call me Vegas. I'm not very fond of Kornwit."

"Have a seat, Vegas."

"Oh...I got the "W" logo now...Wang...White...not so creative though."

We smile cynically at each other.

"I apologize...I must take this constructive criticism to my marketing department."

I raise my glass to him.

"May I ask how you got to me so quickly? I should probably call Assistant Lee attention for her carelessness."

"You don't have to blame her. I thought it would be easy to find the owner of a Mil MI-26 helicopter among the Asian mafia families on the mainland. But I was wrong. No Asian mafia family has this helicopter. Nor rich Taiwanese families. You hide your toys very well, Lian."

"I try to be discreet. But how did you find me then?"

"I have my means, but I can't tell you, I'm sorry."