41 - Holy love

Pete's POV

"I hate girls...let's take this stupid wig out!"

Vegas pulls the wig off my head.

"You know who I am..." I widen my eyes.

"You could be wearing a paper bag over your head... I would still recognize you, Pete." He said laughing tenderly to me, fixing my hair. "Besides, I've known you've been at De Light since the moment you set foot here, Pete."

"How? Arm told you... he swore he hadn't told you..." I frown.

"Arm will always be more loyal to you than he is to me, even if his relationship with Macau depended on it."

"So...how...?! I stare at him, curious.

"As soon as I arrived in Taipei, I got in touch with the local document forgers who work for Theerapanyakul Family. I traced those forged documents path. Arm picked up those documents at a cafe. I studied main establishments in the nearby neighborhoods. De Light caught my attention. I'm not a tech guy like Arm, so it took me all day." (1)

"Damn..."

"I called Andy to book a room to meet Kamol and asked if there was anyone on his staff who could speak Thai. He told me two siblings had just been hired. That was the confirmation I needed. I didn't expect to see you dressed as a woman though. I hate the braids, but this maid dress looks cute on you, babe..."

Vegas lifts my skirt.

"Hey, pervert!"

He laughs.

"Not Wednesday Addams, not an assassin maid...are you dressed as a nun, Pete?!...it turns me on..."

Vegas' hands run on my thighs and my...

I pull the edge of my dress from Vegas' hands and adjust my outfit.

"Respect the cross of Jesus, for God's sake."

"Haha...you're so into this cosplay thing"

I frown again and cross my arms.

"Anyway... You did all that to find us in less than 24 hours...?!"

"I can do anything to find you, Pete..." Vegas hold my arms tightly...his smile fades as if hurtful moments come to his mind.... "Just accept that I'll never let you go again..."

I don't want Vegas to feel sad...

"Don't worry about it! You're stuck with me in this life...You'll have to endure me too!"

"We made merits together, remember...?! We'll be stuck with each other for eternity...

"So we're good." I smile to him.

"I'm so sorry, Pete."

"Why?!" I get confused.

"I should have listened to you. We would have gotten here together."

"It's not your fault alone... forget the past ... we can do it together now! Please...don't be mad at me as well...I had my reasons..."

He touches my cheeks and lips carefully...

"I should have killed them before they touched you..." Vegas countenance starts to get darker.

"No!" I try to draw his attention away from my wounds to not trigger any unwanted behavior from Vegas (2).

I hug him tight.

"..."

I feel him relax.

Vegas is strong, but also vulnerable. Vegas is self-confident but also self-doubting.