Chapter 7

Regina's POV

"Teka, Regina, ano ulit details? Hindi ka naman Ninang dun diba?" Narda asked.

It's Sunday morning and we're both having breakfast in the condo.

Paggising ko, nakaluto na siya. It's nice to have a roommate, I guess? Or maybe, she doesn't trust me when I said I know how to cook. I have to do it some time.

"When they didn't tell you that you are Ninang, then you're not, right?" I asked her.

"Yes. Hindi. San ba address?"

"Malate?" I said.

"Casual lang o medyo formal?"

"They didn't tell me."

"Huh. Saan ba kainan?"

"Sa house nila, I guess?"

"I guess???" Nagtatakang tanong nya.

"Sa house nila, sure."

"Casual yun." She suggested with confidence.

"Okay." I shrugged my shoulders. This is like a human business after all. I'll trust her.

...

My client lit up when we showed up at the church. Sabi niya, hindi niya daw ineexpect na pupunta ako.I can tell he is genuinely happy. He is one of my first client here. I'm working on his case way before I moved town, and we won just recently.

He introduces us to his family, and they treat us warmly.

I am so glad that I asked Narda. Kasama ko siya makihalubilo sa mga tao. Then, kapag kaming dalawa na lang, she is telling me funny human stories about these kinds of gatherings.

She never left my side even when I told her na mag-cr lang ako. Sinamahan nya pa ako and waited for me.

When the family told us to get food from the table, she led the way and gave me one of her plates. Siya yung kumukuha ng food at nilalagay sa plate ko. Ineexplain niya pa sakin yung food and then, tinatanong nya ako if gusto ko ba, isa isa.

I know, even how simple, this will be in my core memory. I am comfortable and for the first time in days, I forgot my worries. I don't know if it's the ambiance because it's a happy event,or the welcoming gesture of my client' family or maybe, it's Narda.

...

"Narda.."

"Hmm."

"Thank you for doing this."

She looked at me and chuckled. "Wala to. Tsaka free food. Ano ka ba?"

"You are downsizing this." I said softly.

She just shrugged her shoulders. "Totoo naman. Wala lang to."

"And I know that our start is not that ideal pero maybe we can be friends?" I asked hesitantly.

She looked at me confused and I kinda panic.

"I mean, if you want?"

She laughed, "Regina, hindi pa ba tayo friends nung maghati tayo sa groceries? Oo naman."

"Okay. Just making sure. Kasi I think, I didn't give you the best first impression." I said.

"Same lang naman tayo. At bakit pa sinabing "first impression" kung walang "second impression." Sabi nya.

"Ano?" I asked her confused.

"Hahahaha! Wala, okay lang yun. Basta friends na tayo. Wala na bawian." Sabi nya.