Chapter 12

Ali's POV

3 hours after new moon. Nakatitig lang ako sa kisame ng unit ko, trying to decipher that vision that I just had.

I am one of the Vanguardias who can go back to the past, this is the highest level of ability we can have but it's not fun at all. Since our role to the community is to lead someday, we have responsibilities. Then, we have to write that history books of destiny starting the age of 15 for reference siguro. They have the theory that destinies of Vanguardias are repeating so we travel back to the past, write as much as we can, keep it in record so the future generation can have answers.

How many times na naisip ko sana katulad na lang ako ni Regina but ganun talaga. Her ability is so much more fun. Speaking of her, I have to see her in a few hours. Nasa mundo na ako ng mga tao, in fact, nasa isang unit sa same building nila Regina at ng bagong roommate niya. I arrived yesterday and I just have to let this month's new moon pass before I see her.

I recover faster in new moon, maybe because I also suffered more. While Regina is feeling physical pain, I am having visions and nightmares. It has to do with the abilities we had, actually. New moon attacked me emotionally and mentally. I have 3 hour long of nightmares about the horrible things I saw in the past or unimaginable visions that we don't know how to interpret. It's the latter for today.

Bumangon ako sa kama at nagtungo sa cr para magshower. Mga isa or dalawang oras pa siguro bago ko puntahan si Regina.

...

Pagtapat ko pa lang sa pinto nila, naramdaman ko na agad si Regina. Napakunot ang noo ko. Something is different.

I have this ability to sense that a Vanguardia is nearby and it is stronger in new moon. But I spent several new moons with her and this is the first time na naramdaman ko to. Did she get more powerful?

Kumatok ako.

Naghintay.

I walked back and forth sa hallway. Wala lang, habit.

Hindi pa ba tapos yung sa kanya? It's been four hours na naman.

Kumatok ulit.

I paced again.

Bumukas ang pinto habang nakaharap ako sa ibang direction.

Paglingon ko...

Wait, is that?..

I'm pretty sure, I saw her plants behind the door before it was forced closed. Lumipat yung tingin ko from the door to the person na nasa harapan ko ngayon.

Huh. Weird.

Anyway, I have to compose myself. Ngumiti ako.

"Hello. You must be the roommate?"

"Ha?" Sagot niya lang na parang nagtataka.

"Andyan ba si Regina?" Tanong ko.

"Uhmm".

She looked back and forth sa door ng unit nila. She definitely knows about this day, given by that nervous energy and those plants behind that door. Naging careless ba si Regina to let this all over their common area? She can contain it at her bedroom. That's how she is in the past months.

Now, can this girl be trusted?

"Sino sila? Sorry" Tanong niya sakin kaya nagpakilala ako.

Judging by reaction, she knows me. If Regina is telling her something personal then, maybe?

"Uhmm. Patingin ng ID?" Sabi nya.

What?! Napatawa ako. Sa dinami dami ng scenario na tumakbo sa utak ko, eto yung hindi ko talaga ineexpect.