chapter 1

In principal Weems' office, Wednesday, along with his parents, are inside. They are discussing Wednesday's transfer.

"Wednesday is certainly a unique name." Principal Weems compliments the teenage boy in front of her.

Wednesday did not show any emotions at all, as he just stares at the principal with dead eyes and cold shoulders.

"I'm guessing it was the day of the week you were born?" Principal asked as she tries to let the boy talk or even utter a reply to her.

"I was born on Friday the 13th." Wednesday plainly said. He was just answering if what he would say is either mean or cause annoyance.

"His name comes from a line from my favourite nursery rhyme. 'Wednesday's child is full of woe." Morticia; Wednesday's mother, told the principal. Replying for her son .

A silence walked past for a second before Principal Weems says something. "You always had a unique perspective on the world, Morticia."

Morticia hums in response. Principal Weems continues her words. "Did your mother tell you we were roommates back in the day?" She asked Morticia.

Before Morticia could answer, Wednesday spat another insult with his plain tone. "And you graduated with your sanity intact? Impressive." It was like a hobby for him. Insulting the hell out of everyone.

However , The principal ignores his insults and changes the topic. She was trying not to lose her patience. "You've certainly had a very interesting educational journey." She looks at his papers under her table.

"Eight schools in five years." She said as she looks on Wednesday. It was an unbelievable yet interesting history of a teenage boy. Even his father was nodding.

Though she can not question it since every students and people who transfer to nevermore are different from normal people.

"They haven't built one strong enough to hold me. I bet this place won't be any different." Wednesday told Principal Weems. It was an offensive comment but yet it sounds so casual.

Gomez came into deffer his son's offensive comment as he tries not to let his son let out more insults. "I believe what our son was trying to say is that he greatly appreciates the opportunity."

Gomez gave his wife a stare and she just stare at the principal, waiting for her next words. "Nevermore doesn't usually accept students mid-term, but given Wednesday's perfect grades and your family's long history with the school,"

"I've spoken with the board and we've made an exception." Principal Weems lastly announced. Wednesday's parents let out a relieved and happy smile at each other. No change of expression from Wednesday.

Morticia faces the principal once again. "Larissa, what about Wednesday's uhmm.... therapy session?" She carefully looked at her son before she said the last two words.

"The court has ordered them." Principal Weems changes position and leans forward with her hands on the table. "The school has a relationship with a therapist in Jericho. he can meet twice a week."

Gomez shows up with a smile and turns his head to his son in front on his left. "Did you hear that, my little storm cloud? You're in excellent hands."

"We'll see if she survives the first session," Wednesday said in his signature plain voice.

The three adults inside the room stayed quiet for a while, looking done with every reply that he is giving. Principal Weems continues the conversation.