chapter 5

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
This has 6k words in it so It's quite long :))

🦇🦇

When the unwanted meeting has finished, Y/n decided to walk around Jericho. At first, she was just walking around, easing the tension within her body.

Not until her eyes fell into a coffee shop. Sighing deeply before walking across the road and entering the shop. She decided to have her time in a quiet shop. To where she hopes it is.

As she enters the coffee shop, a boy who works in the coffee shop, got his interest in the girl who was already walking towards the counter.

His eyes are focused on the girl with a small smile, completely forgetting about the broken machine in front of him that he was trying to fix.

"Oh. Is this bad timing for me to order?" The girl asks when her eyes darted to the broken machine in front of her.

The sound of her voice made the boy come back to his senses. He slightly shakes his head and tried to let out a word. "Oh, no, It's fine. Only espressos are unavailable." He assured.

The way he looked at him gave the girl a little uncomfortable feeling. But she shrugged it and hide it since she doesn't want to make the boy embarrassed or shy.

She gave a small smile and nodded. "Alright, I'll just have a black coffee. No cream, and just a little sugar. Please." She ordered and the boy nodded.

"Alright, Will be up in a minute." He told her. Y/n said a little 'ok' and waits for her order at the counter instead.

While she waits for her drink, the boy decided to come up with a conversation as he was trying to get rid of the silence.  His eyes travelled to her uniform, she didn't even notice. "You're from nevermore?" He asked the girl.

Y/n looks down at her uniform before back into him. She nodded. She didn't say anything else so the boy continues. "I'm sorry if this creeps you out, but you look familiar." He stated.

He studies her face more until the answer to his suspicion hits him. "You're the Heiress of the Madnes?" He asked in such an excited tone.

The girl let out a sigh before nodding with a tired smile. She wasn't very happy or mad about it.

she's just annoyed that people always recall her as 'heiress/madnes' and not 'Y/n' or something who she really is trying to be known as.

"Yes, Heard that quite a lot." She said with a forced laugh and she grabs her drink from him after he finished making it.

"Sorry for the enthusiasm, But I just heard about your family a lot." He apologised after seeing her uncomfortable state.

Y/n looked up at him and she saw his sincere smile. He was a few inches taller than her, almost about 5 inches.

"It's fine. It's not something new to me." She responded. When her eyes landed on the machine in front of them. "You need help with that one?" She asked.

Tyler looked down at the broken machine before shaking his head. "I would hope so, But the instruction is quite tricky since it's Italian." He explained.

The girl hums and nods in understanding. "Well, That's unfortunate. Thought I could help with something in this day." She expressed.

Tyler slightly chuckled at the girl's little self-disappointment. She always wanted to help and she admits that. She always wants people to see that she's more than just a 'Princessy heiress'.