Chapter 25

Y/n walks along the sideways street of Jericho. It's a minute after she talked to Wednesday.

She's pretty upset. Not only upset. She's mad, annoyed, disappointed, and sad.

She wants him to ask her out. Not her asking Xavier out.

When she felt that he was not caring and not helping her with her problem of coming to Rave'N with someone she doesn't want to go to, she was beginning of telling him.

But she stopped herself. There's no way he will say it back. After all, he didn't even remember how close they were back then.

If what he said before was true, then why did he forget about her?

She only manages to let out a sigh at the thoughts that are bothering her. The questions that keep on running around her head.

Her thoughts were cut off by the voice behind her. "Y/n?" she turns around and saw Tyler walking towards her.

"Tyler. Nice to see you." she greets with a small friendly smile. He's now standing in front of her, giving her an adoring smile.

"You too. I was on my way to Weathervane to grab something, and I saw you here." Tyler said. His hands were inside the pockets of his shirt jacket.

Y/n nods, and. Tyler raises a question. "Where's Wednesday? I thought you guys are always with each other like crazy."

The mention of that guy's name almost ruined her mood, but she remain smiling. "He had something to do and I have too. And no, we're not always together." she chuckled at her last statement.

Tyler's smile widens at the sight of her smile. "by the way, uh, are you going to the Rave'N?" he asked. He inhaled sharply as he waits for her answer.

"Unfortunately, yeah, I am," Y/n muttered, almost sounding sarcastic. Well, she was being for real with the 'Unfortunately' word. But she won't tell him that.

Tyler chuckled. "If... No one has asked you out yet... Would you, maybe, go to the Rave'N with me?" he carefully asked.

It was her time to inhale sharply after his question. She doesn't know what to say. She doesn't want to hurt him by rejecting him, but she doesn't want to accept it.

She only sees him as a friend. A best friend is the only one far from him being a friend to her. She could never think of him as more.

She sighs deeply and looks into his eyes. She waits for a second to respond. "I can't. I... I asked Xavier." she hesitantly said.

Tyler's smile slowly fades into a frown. "Oh, yeah. Well, I guess you two would have fun." he lastly stated before walking past her.

She frowns and turned around. "You can't just give me a snarky comment after I was being careful of telling you." she sneered as her soft eyes faded to a glare.

Tyler stopped on his track and turned around. "I thought you were smart enough to understand." he nagged.

His words only made her even more annoyed and mad. She was being so careful to reject him, but here he is giving her snarky and mean.

"It's not my fault that you're too weak to say anything about something," she argues back. She's tired of being nice at this point.

Tyler scoffed and walks closer to her, but there was still a little distance between them.