Chapter 22

'I thought nothing scared me, but that was before I stared into the eyes of Joseph Crackstone.'

Wednesday marches past Carckstone's statue while his eyes were pierced at it. He's carrying his cello case. Y/n separates from him as she needs to grab her Violin.

'I don't believe in heaven or hell. But I do believe in revenge'

He was marching to his seat near the marching band. His eyes remain pierced on the statue as he walks past it.

'I usually serve it warm with a side of pain, but I've never faced an Sa adversary cast in bronze.'

Thing approaches below him. He gave him a thumbs-up.

Wednesday gave the statue a last look before he proceeds to his chair. They were about to play their instruments in front of the church of Jericho.

Never more students and Jericho residents sit down on a bench. The other 'special' people from Jericho are on the other of the statue of Crackstone. The band where Y/n and Wednesday are, are on the other side of the statue.

Principal Weems and the mayor; Lucas' dad, stand on a lectern in front of the students and residents. "Thank you." The mayor starts. "it is my honour to celebrate our town's history and Jericho's noble fire father, Joseph Crackstone."

He mentions the statue behind him, and facing his front after. "Now, he believed that with a happy heart and an open ear, there was nothing our town couldn't achieve," he added.

Wednesday could only think of a sarcastic insult in his head. The thing that's hiding below a resident's feet, moves away with his fingers.

"So together as one, our community and our friends at Nevermore Academy, we've built a monument to celebrate his memory," Mayor stated.

A Shriner dozed off from the side. Sheriff Galpin is behind his left. "Now, may the spirit of Joseph Crackstone be memorialized for eternity." Mayor continues.

Wednesday and Y/n play their Violin and cello, together with the band. In the bleachers, Enid is sitting in between Eugene and Victor, smiling.

Victor watches her little sister with a proud smile. He constantly gives her a thumbs-up whenever her eyes land on his.

Sheriff Galpin sits on a chair on a platform with the Shriner and other city officials, wearing a faint grimace.

The mayor mentions Weems forward for her to face the camera in front of them. He hit the red button on the lectern, activating the water fountain under Crackstone's statue.

Everyone claps their hands and cheers filled the area.

[PLAY]
|Winter (from The four seasons)- Antonio Vivaldi|

Wednesday's eyes glanced to the side where Y/n is playing and sitting. She looks neutral while playing. She looks like she needs some enjoyment.

His eyes then dart to his other side where Thing is. By the bleachers, Thing strikes the match on the ground, lighting it up. He throws the lit match from afar of him.

At the match lands on a line of liquid as it starts to flame. The spelling flame travels along the ground then to the grass, and under the foot of a Vendor as he yelps.