chapter 34

[SOME PARTS SKIPPED]

Wednesday stands beside the payphone relay as he dials a phone number. After a few rings, Tyler finally answered his phone. "Hello?" Tyler answered from the other side of the call.

Wednesday deeply sighed as he thought of what he would say Tyler. "I've reconsidered your offer," he said in a voice that sounds like he was forced to say it.

"My offer?" Tyler asked, sounding confused.

Wednesday shifts his eyes. "The... Date. With Y/n." his grip on the payphone tightens. "I asked her and she agrees." his voice hurries.

Tyler, from the other side, grins happily. "Really? She... She did?"

"Yeah, but on one condition." Wednesday was quick to say. "You'll take me with you and bring us somewhere first." he firmed.

Tyler's expression knits in confusion. "Oh... Well, As long as I get to take her after." The tone and the words of Tyler almost made his blood boils.

But he knows he has to keep composed. "So, when is she free?" Tyler asked.

"Pick us up outside the Nevermore gates at 8:00. Cut your lights." After Wednesday's response, He ended the call.

🦇🦇

Wednesday stands in front of a small red bulb clock that says '19.55'.

He turns around and looks at Enid who lies face down across her bed. She was pouting while laying her head on her crossed arms and a sad face.

Wednesday glances to his left where Y/n sits on her desk while writing her schedules on a pad paper.

She has less schedule as the school president, thanks for the school lockdown that Wednesday caused.

He thought for a while. He thought of his agreement with Tyler. No matter how much he hates the agreement, he has to do it.

And he knows, the only way for him to succeed is to something that would make her agree. And that is...

He looks back to Enid's side. "I've been thinking about my less-than-enthusiastic response to your surprise soirée," he said in his usual nonchalant voice.

Enid moves her upper body up and turns to look on Wednesday. At the same time, when Y/n heard his words, she listens while still writing.

Wednesday continues. "And I must admit, I regret not showing gratitude towards you more appropriately."

Enid grins and get up and sit properly by the side of her bed. "You really mean it?" she asked.

Y/n paused and turned her head to Wednesday. He also turn to face her and she gave him a raised brows look.

Wednesday mentally rolled his eyes as he looks back at Enid. "Take the win, Enid."

Y/n could only roll her eyes and continue to write. But his response was enough to put a smile on Enid's face.

Wednesday continues to speak."if only there were a way for us to get off campus and have a little birthday redo."

He starts to walk towards the huge circle window. "Just three bestfriends. Too bad the school is on lockdown." mentioning the lockdown, giving hints.