Chapter 18

Wednesday stands in front of the part of the quad that was shown in the drawing from the book. Students gathered behind him.

Weems claps her hands to gain the attention of everyone, including Wednesday.

"All students will report for their volunteer jobs at 10 am sharp, followed by a community lunch at 1:00," Weems announced.

Wednesday gave the area a last glance before facing Weems like everybody else after he puts the book inside his backpack.

"As you know, this Outreach Day culminates in a very special event, with the dedication of a new memorial statue in the town square, which will also include performances by Nevermore students." Weems included

Enid grins as she giggles excitedly while Y/n's on her side, looking intimidating as ever with her crossed arms.

"As representatives of our school, I trust you will all put your best face forward." from Weems' last statement, a pair of students with smooth blank faces gave each other a look.

As that, Ms Thornhill and the other teachers start giving each student an assignment letter to each of them. It includes the place where they would be assigned into.

Wednesday received him, and before he could look at what it is, Enid and Y/n came towards him. "Yes! I got Pilgrim World." Enid exclaimed while Wednesday just looks at her monotonously.

As Enid tells him about how happy she is with what she got, Wednesday subtly glanced at Y/n. When her eyes landed on him, he gave her a small smile.

It caught her off guard that he randomly smiled at her, but shrug it off and smiled back at him.

"What'd you guys get?" Enid's voice breaks their eyes from each other. Wednesday opens his letter, including Y/n.

Wednesday was the first one to answer. "Uriah's Heap. Whatever that is," he said as he looks at Enid's cringing reaction.

"ew. It's this weird, creepy antique store." Enid then replaces her facial back with her cheerful one. "You'll love it though," she said.

Y/n quietly snickers at her words which may indicate that she thinks he's weird and creepy. The situation for her changes when Enid turns to her. "What about yours?" Enid asked.

"Pilgrim World," Y/n answers monotonously Enid squeaks and grins when she's going to the same place as her. While Wednesday was feeling a bit disappointed that he didn't get to go with her.

"Oh, my God! I just know our Outreach Day would be them!" Enid exclaimed. She then turns to Wednesday with a grim. "although Wednesday wouldn't be with us. No offence."

"None taken." Wednesday monotoned.

"I'm crossing my claws Ajax and I will be outreaching together." Enid excitedly hoped.

The three teens look at where Ajax and Xavier are standing. Xavier scowls at the sight of his letter. He hates it.

Weems approaches Wednesday and Y/n as Enid left to go to Yoko. "Wednesday, don't worry about your cello. I'll have it brought to the town square this afternoon." Weems stated.