Chapter 32

In the dorm room, Wednesday sits on the floor in front of the huge half-coloured window with old candles circling him.

She mutters to himself while holding the necklace his mother gave him, together with a black crystal.

'in case you're wondering. I don't hold séances very often.'

'I can barely tolerate the living. Why would I want to commune with the dead?'

'but my mother told me, Goody is the only one that can train me to control my psychic ability.'

'the sooner I master that, the sooner I crack this case.'

In front of him, there's also an old-looking Ouija board that rests on a cloth that says 'GOODY'.

Suddenly, the door of the dorm swings open, making a wind that cancels out the flames on the candles around him.

Wednesday opens his eyes and scans the candles. He turns his head to look at the door.

A figure bounces in, dressed pink.

He turn his head in front of him again and let out an annoyed sigh.

"sorry." Enid apologized as she walks in to turn on the light. "I didn't mean to interrupt your... Uh, do I even want to know?" she said and finally turned on the light.

She walks forward and stands. Wednesday faces Enid and walks to her. "I was reaching into the black maw of death to contact a relative," he explained then stands next to her, both looking down at the candles.

"Feels very on-brand for you. You have a relative named Goody?" Enid asked.

Enid stands with her arms behind her, while Wednesday stands with his arms crossed. "She was one of the original outcasts. Been attempting to summon her, but she seems to be ignoring my entreaties," he said.

Then, Enid looks at him. "Like how you've been ignoring y/n?" her question made Wednesday snap his head at her and look with a frown.

"I'm not ignoring her." Wednesday defends. His tone was different from his usual monotone voice.

Enid furrows her brows. "I don't know. Whenever I ask her about you, she always ignores the question," she stated.

The young man moves his body to fully face her. "and did you ask why?" he asked.

"not really. I mean, it's kind of obvious. You two barely talk since last week. I guessed you two fought or something." Enid replied.

Wednesday looks afar into thinking, while Enid was thinking of something else. "Oh, you thought about using one of my scented candles?" she asked excitedly.

He finally gives her a look while she continues to blubber. "The aroma of steak tartare is to die for," she said.

Suddenly, they both heard the sound of paper behind them. They turn around and saw a piece of paper slip under the door. "Maybe Goody answered you after all," Enid said.

Wednesday walks towards the door and picks the paper up. He looks at Enid after seeing the paper. "I doubt she communicates in magazine cutouts." he snarky said.

He then read the words on the paper. The words say; If you want answers, meet inside Crackstone's crypt. Midnight.

🦇🦇