Chapter 11

Wednesday and Y/n walk around the woods, trying to find any clues. Any clues that prove that they are not losing their minds and that what they saw was true.

They were strolling around, looking down and almost like they were hunting.

It was quiet. Very quiet that only the sound of stepped leaves is heard.

But that silence didn't take long enough until they heard a noise. Most certainly a sound from a dog from a bit far from where they were standing

Wednesday was quick to pull Y/n by wrapping his arm around her shoulder and turning her around. It put them in a face-to-face position.

They both remain silent as they watch Sheriff Galpin with his guard dog, roaming around the woods.

They were too focused on not getting caught that they didn't even notice the close position that they were at.

Y/n was leaning her back behind the tree, while Wednesday was standing close in front of her. They were only about a few inches away.

If they could notice, They were almost hugging at this point. Plus the way he leans his hand on the tree to make sure he doesn't get too close to her to that would make her uncomfortable.

His other hand is on her waist.

When they were certain enough that they left, Y/n and Wednesday accidentally looked at each other at the same time.

There was a few seconds of eye contact, But Y/n quickly pushed him away by his chest after a few seconds.

It almost made everything awkward. Wednesday clears his throat.

"Thanks," Y/n mutters while body staring at him with knitted brows. It was almost like she was telling him to give her a warning before touching her.

Wednesday finally dared to look back at her and he gave her a simple nod.

Before they could continue with their hunting, they heard the noise of leaves to their side. They immediately turned to their right side, and they saw Tyler.

It stopped Tyler from walking furthermore. He quickly signed them to be quiet and not let a word slip out. They followed.

Tyler waited for the perfect time to finally stand in front of the two. "Sorry. Had to make sure they won't fully hear us." he started.

Two questions were bugging Y/n. First, What is he doing in the woods knowing that his father would be there? Second, why is he found in the woods if he doesn't even know what happened?

"Thanks. I'm pretty sure you did something to not let it pick up our scent." Wednesday deadpanned the 'thanks', and he added a hint of suspicion in his voice with his next sentence.

Tyler picks something out from his jacket pocket and shows it to them, letting out a little wryly chuckle. "Coffee grounds?" Y/n questioned.

"Deer-hunting hack," Tyler explains as he puts the coffee grounds in his jacket pocket. "one of the perks of being a part-time barista," he added.

"I assume your father didn't bring the bloodhound to play fetch," Wednesday stated.

"Yeah, he doesn't tell me shit," Tyler remarked. Then suddenly, he thought of something. "You must think it's weird I'm stalking him." he hypothesized.