Chapter 15

Well, I changed my mind about the 'Chapter 15 will be last' thing. Chapter 16 WILL be last. I don't care anymore.

Anyways. ENJOY!

🦇🦇

"The first Poe Cup took place in 1897..."  Weems continues her speech in front of every Nevermore student and staff.

With the winning team on her right side, Enid is at the very front, with Y/n and Wednesday on her sides, and the other teammates behind them.

Enid with her usual cheerful aura surrounding her, Wednesday with his blunt and dull facade, and Y/n with her neutral and intimidating aura.

Plus the small smile yet delighted looks from the people behind them.

Finally finishing her speech, Weems grabs the huge trophy from her left side And hands it to Enid who gracefully takes it.

Enid holds the trophy up as she let out a loud cheer. Followed by a cheer from the outcasts in front of her.

While Y/n elegantly claps her hands, Wednesday stays unfazed while he gave stare at the outcasts in front of him, seemingly mentally judging the for who knows.

"Congratulations to Ophelia Hall!" after Weems congratulates them, Wednesday took chance to leave the gathering.

Y/n subconsciously turns her head to him, watching him walk his feet further away from the crowd.

The next thing she knew, she was following him.

🦇🦇

Wednesday escaped the crowd to let himself rest to have a peaceful mind by the human statue holding a book and a bird.

He released a tired sigh as he closes his eyes while sitting on the edge below the statue. 

He opens his eyes and roams them around his surroundings until his eyes landed on the book of the statue above him. It has this logo with the very specific logo he remembers.

Before his mind could be filled with ideas and questions, he heard a voice. "What are you doing here?" he looks forward to seeing Y/n walking towards him with her usual straight posture and crossed arms.

"none of your concern. What are you doing here?" He questions back, emphasizing the 'You'.

He could barely see the tiny eye roll she gave. "Let me remind you, I'm the president of nevermore." she firmed.

Wednesday shrugged before standing up. "I did expect you every student here. Not that it's surprising." he deadpanned

Any more rude and unfriendly replies, she's going to lose it.

But being the bigger person that she has always been, she remained composed and calm.

She instead gives him a small malicious smile. "I care for every student here. Even if I have them, like you, for example." she pointed out. Yet, the teasing was there.

That was when Wednesday realized, it must be the time to quit it. He finally figured out what he has been wanting to know. When to know how to stop being mean to her.