Chapter 37

Many people from Nevermore stand up with an umbrella inside the cemetery. it was currently the funeral of Mayor Walker after he was murdered.

Wednesday stands with an umbrella in his hands, a stern yet poker look on his face.

'I enjoy funerals.'

He looks around to see the people's gloomy looks and saddened eyes while a woman continues with her speech.

'I've been crashing them since I was old enough to read the obituary section

Wednesday's eyes shift to the girl beside him. Y/n's been looking down at the coffin for a while now, still not sinking in what happened.

he felt her emotions and quickly made a decision to comfort her. he grabbed her hand and softly held it.

this action didn't budge the girl, instead, she intertwined her hand and fingers with his.

'Mayor Walker was murdered, and I know the killer is here.'

'standing innocently among us, plotting their next move, and watching everything I do.'

Wednesday's eyes continued to wander until his gaze landed on Xavier.

Xavier turns his head around, causing him to have his gaze contact with Wednesday's.

'I know I'm close to the truth.'

'I have all the pieces of the jigsaw. I just need to slot them into the place.'

Wednesday looks at Y/n again. He softly grips his hand onto hers, causing her to look at him.

"Tell me if you don't feel alright." He whispered to her in a soft and comforting voice.

Y/n just smiled and nodded, appreciating his words. "I'm alright. Just still shocked about it," she said in a softer tone.

Wednesday nods and looks at the Mayor's coffin again. "This even made me want to find out more about that monster." He muttered in a more serious tone.

Y/n nods and looks at the coffin. "I know. And you're right, we should find the one who did this. it's not safe for anyone." she said.

Wednesday then turned his head to her. "amor, if you think I'll let you help me find who it is, don't even think about it." he said in a serious and protective tone.

but Y/n only shakes her head and looks at him. "No. I will help you and that's final," she said sharply.

Wednesday is being too determined as he shakes his head. he's being protective as always. "I won't let you. I will handle it."

"Wednesday, Don't even try stopping me. you don't think I can protect myself?" she questioned him.

Wednesday immediately shakes his head. "No, of course not. I just don't want you to get hurt, amor. I learned my lesson on that night." he said.

They both know what he meant by 'that night' and they both didn't like what happened.

but somehow, this wouldn't stop her from it. Y/n shakes her head in determination. "It won't happen again because this time we'll be ready," she said.

Wednesday looks at her for a while, letting out a sigh since he knows he can't get her to stop from doing so.

"I should've known I would be dating a hardheaded girl." He muttered as he sighed and softly tightened his grip on her hand.