Chapter 26

Y/n walks her way to Xavier's so-called art studio with him behind her left.

She turns her head to the side to look at him. "speak up while we walk. There's no one else here." she demanded while they walk within the trees.

Xavier looks around and thinks for a while. He let out a sigh to compose himself and have the courage to say it. He walks further until he reaches beside her.

He leaned in a little and whispers. "you're the only person that I trust with this. Sorry for taking some of your time, but I just don't know who to tell..." His eyes were softer than ones before.

Hearing the seriousness in his voice, Y/n slowed down and look at him seriously. What if, it's about those paintings and drawings? That's the only thing she could assume.

Hey continue walking but Xavier starts to speak. "You have to believe me when I tell you... I keep seeing the monster in my dream." His voice sounds so serious that Y/n stopped walking.

"appearing? How?" She asked with obvious curiosity in her voice. She can't help but remember how Wednesday is suspecting him.

Xavier stops in front of her. He looks around to make sure no one was listening before he looks back into her eyes, looking so serious and pleading. "remember when I saw you and Wednesday outside here?" he asked in a low voice.

Y/n could almost feel her heart skips a beat when he mentioned that memory. She slowly nods while still having a confused look on her face.

Xavier sighed before continuing his words. "Inside was full of drawings of that monster." Y/n slightly shifts from her feet while looking at him as he continues. "I couldn't stop thinking about it and so I draw the monster." He said in a low and quiet voice.

The class nods in understanding, finally making every sense to her. She could feel he was telling the truth. Her eyes landed on the sharp wound on his neck.

He noticed it and slightly look down when he knows what she was going to say. "Yeah... That's how I got this," he mentioned to the wound on his neck and look at her.

"do you believe me?" Xavier asked her in a low and pleading tone. Y/n could only look at him for a while before she softly sighs and nods.

She remain standing straight, but her expression was genuine. "Yeah. I believe you," she said in her usual neutral face and voice.

Then, she thought of something. She looks back into his eyes and speaks up. "Show me the paintings. I want to see it," she said in a more demanding tone.

The tall guy didn't hesitate to nod. "I will." he simply answered.

🦇🦇

Meanwhile, in Xavier's work shed, Wednesday enters the place while no one is around or inside the shed.

He looks down to Thing who enters by the doorway. "Alright, I won't be long," he told Thing as he pulls out a plastic bag from his backpack. "I just need to find something to match against the claw's DNA."

Thing scurries off and Wednesday closes the door while he's inside. He moves to the light near a painting and pulls the string from the light to turn its light on.

He glances at every different work and looks around. He opens up the plastic zip lock bag and grabs the paintbrush from a table near him, and kneels in front of a small trash basket.