Chapter 16

'Nevermore continues to be an enigma. A place where the questions far outweigh the answers.' words in Wednesday's head while he types on his typewriter in their room, with Enid sleeping on her side of the room on her bed.

She was cuddling the trophy her team received from the Poe Cup. Behind her was Wednesday desperately trying to find clues about what she found earlier.

Y/n was nowhere in sight. The last time that Wednesday saw and talked to her was hours ago. The time when he became rude and immediately apologized to her for it.

'But sometimes...' he stopped what he was doing as his eyes landed on the paper on his table from the side. He lifted it on the light to see the logo clearer. 'the answer is staring you right in the face.'

His focus on the paper shifts to the door when he heard it creek.

"I just know she's having the next dream in her life with that trophy," Y/n mutters while she looks at Enid's sleeping figure.

She looks at Wednesday who's already looking at her face. She furrowed her brows. "Can I help you?" she sarcastically asked.

When Wednesday didn't say anything, she just rolled her eyes and let out an exhausted sigh as she closes her eyes and run her fingers through her hair.

She made her way to her bed and sits down, landing her back on the bed after.

Wednesday pierced his eyes worry into her figure.

Y/n sits up from bed and opens her drawer from the side of her bed. She took off the necklace that Weems gave her.

It was a necklace that lessen the effect of her powers. She can still use it, but it only works for light things to carry, and with it, she couldn't use her manipulation power.

Just like Bancia. Except, Y/n's necklace has a higher effect since her phone is too powerful than others' powers/abilities.

Inside that drawer, there's also her sunglasses that she wears when it's too bright and sunny outside. And a pendant with her family photo attached.

She picked up her tiny hair tie. She ties her hair in a low ponytail as her eyes landed on the boy in front of her from a few feet afar.

He was already looking. Before she could give sarcastic remarks, he speaks up. "How's your chat with him?" with his pushy tone.

Her brows furrowed from his words. She doesn't remember anything about mentioning him in her talk with Xavier. But then she remembers the previous moment at the quad.

She mentally sighed from the fact that a simple moment with him would cause such a topic and glances.

"it's was fine." She simply replied. But her simple words didn't satisfy the boy. "what is your definition of 'fine' in that conversation?" he taunted.

"I genuinely don't find the reason why you care so much?" she taunted back. She was being sassy and all, but it was because all she wanted to do is sleep like the dead.

Wednesday also noticed her eyes being sloppy and slightly red, considering how much he pays attention to every action she does.

He still wanted to know so instead of dropping the topic, he lowers his voice and softened his tone.