Chapter 9

Y/n flew in the free air in her bat form.

She flew behind the said cafe's building, and shifted into her normal form, wearing sunglasses, before walking to where the entrance is.

When she reached the glass window, she had already seen her family sitting on a chair at the very end.

They also took notice of the girl's figure as they stare at her with mixed emotions. Her father with his tiny glare behind his tinted black glasses, and an encouraging smile from her mother and brother.

Y/n swallowed all the nervousness that she was feeling and walks inside the cafe.

The third person to meet her eyes was Tyler. He's still working for half an hour.

He gave her a welcoming smile before Y/n turned to her family, making Tyler follow where she was looking.

She didn't even say a thing to him, as she just walks straightly to where her parents were.

She sat from across them, beside her brother. Her previous low-opacity of black tinted sunglasses fades into normal eyeglasses. She only wears them when it's too sunny.

She was welcomed with a dimmed of silence for a second before her mother spoke.

"Y/n, darling, why don't you order anything you want before we get on with everything?" Victoria; her mother, asked her in a very comforting and gentle voice.

The mentioned girl looked at her mother, before to her father. She took his silence as a 'yes'. But before she could get up, Victor insists.

"I'll get it." Victor stood up and looks at his little sister. "I know what you want, don't worry." Y/n gave him an appreciative smile before he left to get her drink.

This left her with her furious father. She couldn't even start a typical conversation with him like she used to do.

But her mother's voice saved her, for a minute. "Darling, why don't you tell us about your week?" She softly asked.

Y/n inhaled sharply before answering the simple question because she knows it wouldn't be long enough until she gets asked a more intense question.

"It was nice. Nothing special." She answered at the same time as her brother came back beside her with her drink.

He puts the quencher down, pure black coffee with a bit of sugar.

She gave him a small thanks before they put their focus back on their parents. "Well, I'm supposing that you also met the boy." Victoria teased with a smile on her face.

This time, Y/n's nervous feeling, turned into an annoyed feeling. Looking done with her mother's teasing before it even starts.

"Yes, Mother. I met him." Y/n merely answers as she laid her back on the chair in a more comfortable pose.

Victor glanced at his sister, before looking at his mother with a knowing look and a smile. "He's with her practically every time, Mother." He snitched.

The youngest Madnes glares at her brother before lightly hitting him on the shoulder, he let out a grunt while he holds on to his hitting shoulder.

"The only reason for that is because we had necessary things to discuss." She snappily stated while she glares at her brother.

He always does that. Even before Y/n and Xavier even dated. He loves teasing her with anyone he thinks is qualified of handling her patience and frenzy.